Enbridge / disconnected

1 Markham, Ontario, Canada

I received an email from Enbridge stating my account balance is $650 and a payment is due to avoid disconnection between Sept. 20/18 - Nov 20/18. I then called and spoken with their customer service associate that advised me a minimum payment of $320 is due to void disconnection, which I've completed and reported the payment on their automatic system. Thought everything that was asked of me was completed and I could proceed with my life until my next pay cheque where I could pay off the remaining balance. (Well that was a wasteful thought). I received a call from my senior mom today saying Enbridge disconnected the gas. Called customer service to be told basically there is nothing they could do for me, needs to pay them another $315 from the remaining balance $330 before they could reactivate my service.
I then said; you told me this is what I needed last week and I've done what I was told; how could you disconnect my service? They replied you did not speak with an agent; I should have spoken with someone after I was told the notes are going to be in the system just make the payment.
Then she said, hold on I will speak with my supervisor and came back on the phone to say; my supervisor said I need to pay $315 from the remaining $330 that's due to reactive my service, very dismissal with no care in the world because it's not going to affect anyone at Enbridge.
so the merit to my complaint is; don't make arrangements with Enbridge because they will turn around and blame you for not doing what was not told to you, also will accused you of lying that you having spoken with anyone, knowing they did not told you to call and speak with customer service, was told to report the payment which I've completed...I've moved from Durham region to Markham back in December and my utilities were NEVER disconnected prior in my complete adult life living on my own. By far this has been one of the worse customer service experiences and the lack of empathy from a company from and their so called supervisor down to their customer service rep's.

Ci