Emusic / Not So Free Trial

1 3435 ANITA CIRCLEChesapeake, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 757.686.5517

My 11yo son and I both bought iPod-copies from Sears in July 07. Each came with a free
trial period and 50 free downloads from eMusic. When I used the same credit card to register
both trial subscriptions, the second subscription was immediately billed stating
there was only one trial per person. They customer service fixed the problem, but I still cancelled the subscription on July 19th because I didn't trust the unprofession and dissorganized way it was handled. They continued to bill me through October 07 with nothing but pre-written canned answers from customer service. There is way to talk to a human on their customer service phone number. Unbelievably brazen theives.

Comments

• Em
      1st of Mar, 2008

I, too, got suckered in by the free music downloads on www.emusic.com/train. I decided not to get the free audiobook until a later time besides the music choices were not great and iTunes kept giving me an error message that the files could not be found. When I signed up for what I thought was the free audiobook, my credit card was charged $9.99. You can forget calling them since you only get a recording telling you how to cancel your account. I even tried pressing "0" and even all of the numbers to get a human to talk to.

I finally resorted to writing lots of complaint e-mails using the original complaint number they gave me even though I only got an automated answer that never addressed my problem. One day, I sent 5 copies of the same complaint. I figured that I would flood their box and hope they would answer. I checked my credit card bill about a week ago and there was a credit for the $9.99 they owed me.

Just keep at them and maybe it will work. You also have the option of contacting your credit card company and reporting that you were charged for services you did not receive. I would suggest also telling them that the company refuses to fix the false charges. Good luck! ----emtp JB