Emirates Bank / Debt collection

Has anyone been called up by debt collectors from their UAE banks and been told, perhaps in a not-so-nice tone, to pay outstanding balances on their credit card bills?

Do you want to tell your story to a journalist in UAE? If so, please email me at hnaylor@thenational.ae

A  28th of Dec, 2009 by
I just been hang up by the emirates debt collector right at this moment.. by a lady who is so arrogant and shouting.. that pay now or we will send you to jail...
I believe that there is God but there are people here who feels and act like God..that they can control lives of people, shouting harrasing and in just a click of hand can bounce your check and file police case.
How do these people live thier live destroying some else lives.. how about the family, or children our parents who deeply rely on us...
Small people like me are beeging for the goverment to interefere and help us... we want to work and we want to survive.. why the goverment is letting small people end up and jail and those who run away with millions & billions are living freely.
I remain and stood up incouraging myself that i can recover..but How will i recover if these people are destroying my work, giving pressure and humiliating me.
The treat of these bouncing check and jailing are to much! it is being misused and debt collectors are taking advantages of this..
I feel sad that people makes money and glorify themselves from the soul of people living miserably ... for every food that thier children and family eat and drink are from the blood and tears of all the people they are distroying... people are dying and are comitting suicide for hopelessness .. i really hope that this Debt Collectors who seems like God will be punished and without option of mercy be rested as well in jail so they may know how it feels there being in hell down from the paradise where they live now.
There are many souls crying for help the goverment should do something.
A  21st of Mar, 2010 by
I compeletly agree with the above, I have been getting similer calls from Emirates bank, though they are not shouting but they are telling me that if I do not pay my credit card bill by tomorrow then they will present the cheque and file a police case against me, I have been requesting them to hold for a week, that is when I get my salary but they are not listening, so I cannot do anything, just hoping that they do not deposite the cheque in the bank today. I want to pay, some of my friends asked me to run away like many people did or still doing but I told them that I came to this country to make my career, to earn money for my family, I took the money so I have to give it back, I cannot run away and sleep on it.
I wish the government had some law which help people like me who really wants to pay but cannot because of some reason, which can be proven.
N  7th of Apr, 2010 by
I have been mentally tortured for 5 months now. I left the country because of these debt agencies and bank collectors calling me. But i have decided to fight them and get my right. I have intent to pay but on my terms. I have created a group and i would appreciate if you folks join it as well. We can all get together and make the difference.

N  29th of Aug, 2010 by
personel loan dept, mamager emirates bank.
OCCUPATION ; driving instructor
COMPANY: sharjah driving institute shj govt.
came to pakistan on annual vacation, elder son of my family our village is hangu doaba which have been declared as a red zone which mean war effected, for further information can be checked trough internet. passed three years shifiting from one place to another running from death looking for life just to secure my family to stay alive. besides i have lost some of my family member. i dont know how to start again after tourchering mentally' really i need some one to guide me. my e. Email haidersamin@yahoo.com