Emirates Airlines / no refund for lost baggage

1 Saudi Arabia Review updated:

I departed LHR Wednesday night for Dubai where my luggage was supposed to be copy tagged for the onward trip to Jeddah but one bag did not arrive. Jeddah can give me no info, Dubai said they did not load the bag and so it is important to at lease locate it. The bag contains some highly important medication which I need in the near future and can not longer carry as hand luggage due to security measures. The file number is EKJED 24219 the bag is grey, with a purple tie on the handle and a green egg shape logo on the side. It is a pull along bag. The bag is tagged with my wife's name, Arundell Jayne. I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible as I do need the medication (it keeps me alive). Many thanks Neil Hugo
My husband and I are still waiting to find out where our missing bag is as it is now 12 days. I can't believe that they have simply 'lost' it.

Comments

• Mu
      15th of Sep, 2007

I travelled by Emirates from Khartoum on 12 Sep 2007 by EK 734 and reached Chennai (Madras) on 13 Sep 2007 by EK544 .My two checked in baggages had not arrived at Chennai on 13 Sep 2007 .I was told that the airlines would send it to Bangalore .Today is 15 Sep 2007 and I am yet to recieve my baggage .I travelled in J class (business) through out the journey .
    My baggage tags are EK 679744 and EK679743

Please let me know as to how can I claim compensation as the Emirates people at Chennia and Bangalore are refusing to pay any compensation .

• To
      10th of Dec, 2007

It has now been a week and 1 day since i left Auckland NZ to go to Rome. I checked in two bags and only one is in my possession now. these ### after a week of searching still haven't found my bag with all my clothes and stuff in it. and during this week these so called ### made my and my dad go all around the place (airports, courier, my nannas place) to look for these bags and having no confirmation that they were there. my poor old dad argues with a different ### every morning, lunch and night. We have been informed by the customer service phone, to call all these different numbers and there I sent ever any answer, (or there on holiday, or in a meting or getting a coffee), I personally thing hat they are too scared to tell me my bag is lost.

Now me and my dad are on a mission to hammer over the phone Mr Calvarese the head of department Emirates in Rome, Miss Paglia, Miss Laura, ecc. I had 1410 euro worth of clothier in my bag and these cheeped ### will only give my 100 euro and 47 cents to replace my stuff. I really hope for the sake of humanity that this comment will put some scenes in these chicken brains.

Have a wonderful x-mas and happy new year.

Tommaso Vanzi.