EMillionaire.com / Online scam

I entered Facebook and saw an ad reportedly saying i could make up to $11, 000 Canadian a month by writing links for emillionaire through Google.The ad seemed genuine.Fortunately i did not give my credit card info and hit ask me later at the bottom.As far as i know i believe i gave them the info to send to my address any literature about said 'SCAM'.

I've inquired to my Mastercard and have no purchases from emillionaire or Marqilife.But now it gets even better!! I went back to Facebook and lo and behold there is the ad with a little 'TWIST'. A male in his early twenties from my town named 'Corey Peters' with the exact same story as the person who i had seen before except he was only maxing $7, 000 per month.There has never been a person named 'Cory Peters' or anyone with a last name as 'Peters' in this Town.

Hopefully i've avoided a bullet, if not let it be a lesson to me and anyone else.

Ch

Comments

24th of Feb, 2009

Emillionaire got me for $506.02. I was not as smart as Chuck and I did give my credit card number(which was maxed out and I didnt really think that it would go thru). As a result, they took the $197.00 twice and I am now charged with a $35.00 over the limit fee on top of that. When will I learn!! I cannot get in touch with emillionaire now of course as my password doesnt work to get me into productcustomersupport.com, which is where they send you on the contact link. Always remember, like our parents said, if it sounds too good to be true, then it is!!!

• Ci
      24th of Feb, 2009

They are totally a scam. They hit me up for the $1.95 shipping and handeling, I figured no big deal if it doesn't work, right? It said you could cancel within 7 days and be charged nothing, but if you didn't cancel within 7 days your account would be charged $40 something and some change each month. I figured, $1.95, I could check it out and cancel if I didn't like it. What's 2 bux right? They use things like "seen on CNN and MSNBC" to make you think it's legit. Anyways, I got to the site and it was garbage, nothing there, very difficult to navigate. I never even got the "welcome" email telling me what to do next. I called there # (which is 800-309-6980 if you can't find it on the site, or cant get into the site to find it), to cancel it not even an hour after I signed up for it figuring I'm well within the 7 days. The lady took my information and said no problem, you will get a confirmation email showing you cancelled within 10 hours (which I thought was kind of an odd length of time but whatever). I got up this morning and still no email so I went to their customer support page and emailed them being very clear that I wanted this cancelled. I got a delivery failure notice saying there was no such email address for them.
    So, tonight I called them back and lo and behold I got the same female I spoke with yesterday, very easy to tell, broken english, IT WAS THE SAME VOICE. I told her I wanted to speak to a supervisor, she was reluctant at first and asked if she could help me and I said no because I had already been told this would be taken care of and it hasn't been and I need written proof that it was cancelled. She then said "o.k. but it will take 2-10 minutes, is it o.k. if I put you on hold?" I told her no problem. Not a minute and a half later, the same woman came back with a different name this time, claiming to be the supervisor. I told her that I was dumb but not stupid and I knew she was the same one I talked to yesterday and 2 minutes ago. She told me "sir, if you dont believe what I'm telling you then I can't help you with cancelling your account."
    OH WAIT...IT GETS BETTER LOL!
    I proceed to tell her that I'm not getting off the phone until I get some kind of written proof that I spoke with them and my subscription is indeed cancelled. An e-mail, a text message, a letter to the bank. She tells me that the email department is closed LOL. I told her that she has verified my information with me and is obviously in front of a computer, why doesn't she send me one. Anywho, we went back and forth with the whole "I promise it's been cancelled" and me telling her "I need something in writing, your word means nothing to me" for a while, then she puts me on hold again.
    Upon her return she informs me that she just "found" someone willing to send me an e-mail and that it was in my inbox. I kept her on the phone, of course, to verify that it was there and sure enough it was, from emillionaire support, clearly stateing my account had been cancelled. I guess I'll see for sure but at least I got that much.
    What a bunch of low-lifes, especially in these times.
    I truely hope this helps someone.

• Ka
      25th of Feb, 2009

I just signed up for the trial a couple of days ago and as soon as I logged into my account, I got the feeling that something was not right. I just got off the phone with a service rep and I canceled my account with them. I still think it is strange that she only asked me to verify my email address and name. But she said I would be receiving an email shortly confirming my cancellation. I wonder if I will ever get that. If not, I will continue calling them and emailing them non-stop until I get what I want. They won't know "annoyance" until they make me mad.

• Ka
      26th of Feb, 2009

Update: So, the lady on the phone told my I would receive a confirmation email once my account has been deleted. It's been 8 hours so far and nothing has arrived. What is more, just to check my account, I put in a password request (where you enter your email address and it sends you your log in information), and I got an email stating my login name, and they changed my password (which I had tried and it hadn't worked) to "cancelled". I went to the site and logged in using that as the password, and what do you know, it worked. For all of you out there that can no longer log into your account but are still being charged, try using "cancelled" as your password. I have decided to give it a couple more hours, however, I have already set up my email client and scheduler to send an email with my username and the phrase "DELETE MY ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY OR I WILL CONTINUE SENDING THIS EMAIL EVERY 10 MINUTES." to their support email address. They have annoyed me so much already, they don't even KNOW what "annoying" is until I don't get what I want. If they still don't delete it, I will change it to every 2 minutes. I shall call this "Operation Scammer Spammer"...and it shall be amusing. Operation Scammer Spammer status: Initiated.

3rd of Mar, 2009

This is a huge scam!!! I totally agree. I received a call from them this morning of a kit that I supposedly ordered from them. Dummy me, I shouldn't have given them my credit card info to begin with but I thought $2.00 wouldn't hurt. But once this female person got on the phone, I told her to cancel my order IMMEDIATELY. She said that I would have to call the cancellation department for that and she gave me a wrong number (dish satellite number). I got so mad. I went to their website and got hold of the phone number and canceled it immediately. She said that I won't be billed anymore. I am so disgusted with this scam I don't know how we could shut down their operation.

• Le
      4th of Mar, 2009

check out testimonials on youtube. search emillionaire. company is actually legit. you just didn't read the fine print

• St
      5th of Mar, 2009

This is a scam, see this news article:

"Clicking on the link in the ads took people to another page, run by a company dubbed "EMillionaire", which invites users to submit their details to see if they are eligible to take part in the program.

The details included credit or debit card information as those interested in the scheme would have to pay $US1.90 to take part.

But the entire venture is a scam with no ties to Google, designed to trick people into handing over their banking details."

• Le
      5th of Mar, 2009

What? You believe everything you read online? GOTOYOUTUBE.COM, search emillionaire and watch the freaking testimonials you idiots!!! emillionaire has 4 seminars a year where Brock does intense training on how to run an online business. He does a coaching program andhis website is up and running!!! YOU SCAMMED YOURSELF BY NOT READING THE FINE PRINT!!!

• St
      7th of Mar, 2009

It's a scam: official.

Grifters punt 'get rich quick' scams at Facebook users

Social networking marks made an offer you can refuse

Grifters are using Facebook to lend credibility to an elaborate get rich quick scam designed to trick punters into handing over credit card details.

The ruse begins with an ad on Facebook touting an offer to "get paid for posting links – Google will pay you great money for doing this". Users who respond to the come-on by clicking on a link are taken to a page where someone who's supposedly become rich through the scheme relates his story.

On the same page there’s a link to something called a "Google advertising" kit. Surfers who decide to find more about this are taken to a page called emillionaire.inc

This, in turn, leads to another page where punters are invited to enter their details to see if they’re eligible for this type of job. Only prospective marks from the UK, US, Canada and Australia are eligible. Prospective marks are invited to pay $1.90, using a debit or credit card, to take part.

Users receive nothing in return promoting complaints on Facebook from punters who have been taken in by the ruse, net security firm Trend Micro reports.

"Facebook Inc is obviously realising revenue from the advertisements they serve on behalf of these scammers, which calls into doubt the efficacy of Facebook's advertiser vetting procedure, " Ferguson told El Reg.

• Ca
      10th of Mar, 2009

I clicked on the ad on Facebook and like a fool gave them my cc info. I received an email right away and logged into emillionaire with my password. Then I started to get a bad feeling...modules did not make sense. I googled "emillionaire" and came across this website. I sent them an email right away cancelling my order, I gave my name, address, phone number and password. I told them in my email, that if it wasn't cancelled immediately and if I did not receive an email advising that only the initial $1.00 would be the only charge made to my cc then I would contact the FBI Internet Crime Complaint. I received an email within 5 minutes guaranteeing everything I requested. Now I will need to follow up with my cc company to verify.

• He
      13th of Mar, 2009

oooh...my I guess I wasn't the only one who thought it was going to cost only $1.95 for shipping. I also saw the ad on facebook thinking it would been nice to be able to work from home now when I'm a stay at home mom. After not recieving anything in the mail I called and cancelled and said I wanted my money back. She cancelled my membership and said I will recieve an email shortly..ya right!!! A few days later my debit card got overdrafted for $47 and overdraft fee for $22 ???? I got so pissed of and called the bank what this $47 was and It was from emillionare! got the number again, but now I can't reach them and the mailbox is full. I called my bank back and I'm disputing the charge and the put my money back!!! thank god! these people should be cought I can't imagine how much money they have stolen from poor inecent people. DO NOT BELIEVE IN STAY AT HOME JOBS ON THE INTERNET!

• Da
      17th of Mar, 2009

Same thing happened to me!! Someone you used my card for the $1.98 charge which was ok because they gave me $2.00 since they didn't have a credit card. So I allowed it. I waited for this packageto come from them but nothing ever came. sunday when I was out of town I decided to check my account online. I noticed TWO purchases but i only made one for $10.00 @denny's restaurant. Then there was a $47.00 charge also!! I called my bank they gave it back to me so they said!!! Then i decided to check my account today they $47.00 is gone!!! I called my bank back they are disputing the chrage but I also have prepaid legal services to help with these chrages!! I called my hotlint for legal servces and will call tomorrow to talk one one w/an attorney./!!!

• Do
      18th of Mar, 2009

They also got me for the 1.95 shipping... and guess what happen next, they charged my Credit Card 47.00 saying I agree to be a membership when I send up for the information. I did call them to have to charge removed but it was like pulling nails out of the wall, I also called my Credit Card and disputed the charge. I will turn them in and blast it all over the news...Scammmmmm ..No wonder he is a Millionaire

Donna

• Bi
      20th of Mar, 2009

I just looked closer at this disc...it says not affiliated with google...which is what now pisses me off...I shouldve known better but I did the same as everybody else...but they didn't mention a charge...but I got nervous right away when I didn't get an email...but I got this damn disc...so it really doesn't work at all huh?

• Li
      7th of Apr, 2009

I'm in the processes of trying to get my money back as well. I was just called by someone from Emillionaire not even a second ago and when I told them how upset I was and that I was not going to stand for it, I was hung up on. Well, I guess they forgot to block their number because this is the number they called from: 1-727-535-3708. I've been calling this number constantly since he hung up. First it rang forever and no one answered. Now I'm getting a busy signal. At least now I have a number to call and I encourage you all to do the same.

• Li

22nd of Apr, 2009
    emillionaire.com or Million-aire Enterprises - harassing phone calls
    Florida
    Phone: 352-726-4858

727-535-3708 harassment!!!All emillionaire.com victims, by either harassing phone calls (727-535-3708) or unauthorized credit card charges, here is the companys real contact phone number: Million-Aire Enterprises, 352-7264858. All other numbers circulating are fakes! Especially any number with 727 area code!!!

• Em
      11th of May, 2009

I've been scammed.
    Two charges $1.95 + $47
    I've reported the ads to Facebook.
    I've contacted my bank.
    I sent an email to support@emillonaire.com but it came back as : "Delivery expired (message too old) '[Errno 61] Connection refused'"
    I tried calling the number above but it's been disconnected.
    How do we report these guys?
    How do we shut them down?
    Who do we go to?
    I see all these complaints but is anyone doing anything?

23rd of May, 2009

Charges credit card for material never recieved. Never can get an answer on the telephone. Thanks for the interest in trying to get an answer to this problem. J.Lay. e-mail jrl1001@aol.com

27th of May, 2009

lucky for me i noticed when they were taking money out of my account, i went to the bank and got it changed opened a new account.My bank paid me back. How do you stop these basards???, i have sent an e-mail to Google as well.Low and behold, today i recieved a CD, 27/05/09, this CD is going back RETURN TO SENDER, with RIP OFF, Don`t give them BANK DETAILS, written all over the letter in RED pen..On the front, is YAHOO! FORBES, AOL, CNN, MSN, I HAD 3X $65.00 AUST TAKEN OUT EVERY 3 DAYS, UNTIL I S TOPPED IT. SO now you all know it`s `happening around the world..I live in Australia, No wonder they call themselves e Millionaire, they are. my e-mail is whemar@bigpond.com.au