Embarq / Unauthorized charges
On July 1, 2006, my mother had to be transferred to an assistant living facility. Unfortunately, EmbarQ was the only phone service available. I called EmbarQ, and the informed me that her monthly charge would be $23.98, and gave me the phone number. When an EmbarQ employee came to install the phone, they gave her a different phone number, with an Internet hookup. When I called the company, and asked them what they were doing--that my mother was 92 years old, and no use for a computer. The sarcastic lady at the other end of the phone replied...'it's about time she learned'.
After a new bill came in, charging her for an additional hookup, that was never in service, and was supposed to be the original number, at $23.98/month. I paid by check, the first installation fee, and EmbarQ sent it to collection agency. This has been going on for over ten months, emailing back and forth. They are charging her over $69.00/month for each phone number. I mistakenly gave them my credit card number, to take care of the $23.98, but the continued to rack it up for hundreds of dollars.
This has taken a toll on her, and she has become ill. If she was to die because of this, will file a wrongful death suit. This company trains it's people to scam. We're now at the point, where we have to take this to small claims court and will be speaking with an attorney this week. Hopefully, other can learn from our experience with this company called EmbarQ.
More Embarq Complaints & Reviews
- Century Link Internet - extremely slow internet service 
- [Resolved] Century Link - century link rip off 
- Century Link/prism Tv - bad service 
- Century Link Dsl - misrepresentation of services and fees 
- CenturyLink - huge overcharges and fraudulent billing 
- CenturyLink - billing
- CenturyLink - rude driver
- Century Link - refusal to return overpayment
- CenturyLink - complaint
- CenturyLink - years of slow internet and poor customer service