Elance / Poor service

Elance
www.elance.com

I have hired a programmers/web designers through Elance, online outsourcing company. I made my choice based on their rating system and the bid received from indian group Synapseindia.

The project is 2 months past due and Synapseindia is unable to correct the functionality although a full payment was made.

Elance investigating team was contacted in order to arbitrate but they have no system of protection for the customers and are less than willing to argue with their "select" providers who provide part of their online fees.

I had a tech team to review an existing site and they immediately pointed out to several issues including security; Synapseindia corrected them only on our request, ignoring the fact that as a "select" provider they are expected to maintain at least basic expertise.

Comments

Ar
  28th of Sep, 2007

I am neither related to Elance nor Synapseindia. While I had been trying to know all negative, fishy and hidden things about Elance, I stumbled upon this: http://630usd.blogspot.com/. I was about to sign up for Elance, but changed my mindset after being enlightened here.
Sorry to say, but you have a huge job on hand. I wish you best.

Jo
  7th of May, 2008

Elance case: http://www.equay.com/artologi.htm
He is still a memeber on Elance after so many years, even after death threats and insults.

Da
  1st of Apr, 2009

hi,

I am a freelance translator, i was a member with www.net4manpower.com freelance website .I am getting some projects from this site, but also i joined with elance for earn more money and projects.There also i am getting projects but finally for some projects i got get immediate payment and for everything it ask money...so i am come back to www. net4manpower.com this is provide free registration and bid and payment security...

But i didn't tell elance fully poor service...but it have some lacking...

Ta
  26th of Jan, 2010

I am very sorry that you had such a difficult time with Synapseindia. It seems to me however that your complaint should be directly with them and not Elance as I can't for the life of me, figure out why you are mad at them. I don't work for Elance but I have used Elance in the past to find all sorts of providers, writers, lawyers, graphic designers, and programmers and have not had any issues whatsoever.

Like you, I not only use review the feedback and reviews of each provider I choose but I thoroughly interview each provider using the PMB board and I also make each one sign a contract before any money is paid. In your instance, it seems as if you did use the feedback system but still had issues.

Perhaps you need to take advantage of a mediation service or hire an attorney to assist you as I am a bit unclear as to why you aren't happy with Elance. Perhaps you wanted them to do more? But honestly what could they have done in this instance as your beef is with one of their providers, not them directly.

Ou
  23rd of Jun, 2011

Elance abuses Privacy! I have just been informed by a 3rd party (who fully disclosed he was a 3rd party) that elance released my transaction history!
This 3rd party is not a registered user of elacne, there was no subpoena, no warrant and no request from any law enforcement agency but this 3rd party was able to send several well crated emails to elance inquiring about my account, acting as a 3rd party and was able to get access to my transactional history.

Be warned of elance they do NOT protect your privacy.
They will release your personal data and release your financial records to anyone...

Sa
  26th of Oct, 2011

This company is a total SCAM. I am sure they will do everything to delete this review from yelp! Elance promotes FREE LABOR!
Even though Elance guarantees the payment for jobs to its providers, it actually does nothing to protect its providers.
We had a client whom we designed a website and at the end he canceled the job on us, refused to pay us, and Elance has done nothing to protect us. We haven't even been paid for the hours we spent on this project. I want a justice and I 'll do everything to get my money back!
STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.
I have every proof to show and prove everything I said here. I have no idea why none tries to sue this company. PLEASE if anyone is interested I really want to sue this SCAM company.