Menu
BeenVerified Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

BeenVerified
reviews & complaints

www.beenverified.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.5 33 Reviews

BeenVerified Complaints Summary

1 Resolved
22 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from BeenVerified with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for BeenVerified has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of BeenVerified. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Sort by:

Newest BeenVerified reviews & complaints

10:19 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

BeenVerified - 2 charges for 26 dollars and eightynine cents

i was just going over my banking statement and had noticed 2 charges both in the amount of 29.89. I have never used this company, never looked anyone up or tried to get information on them for any reason and i have no clue how, or why, these charges are on my statement but i damn sure expect them to be reversed and refunded to me immediately and my...

C
6:27 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

BeenVerified Being charged $26.89 after told I only owed $1.00.

I am not complaining about your service for finding the address I asked about. I am complaining about being charged $26,89 on July 24, 2023, after already paying what your company originally asked for, which was $1,00, charged on July 17, 2023. I was not told I would be charged a different amount later. I want my charge removed from my bank account. Thank You.

Colleen Swenson

Desired outcome: REFUND of $26.89.

J
2:01 pm EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

BeenVerified Inaccurate and Outdated: My Disappointing Experience with BeenVerified

I decided to give BeenVerified a try in hopes of finding my long lost best friend from high school. We graduated way back in 1971, so I knew it would be a challenge. Unfortunately, the listing they provided for his phone number was the same landline he had 45 years ago. They also listed non-existent or deceased relatives, which didn't provide any useful information for the present day.

Despite my disappointment, I decided to run reports on myself and my five siblings out of curiosity. To my surprise, the information provided was so off base and out of date! Many of the contacts they listed were deceased or not connected to any of us in any way. They even listed relatives that weren't actually related to us and telephone numbers that none of us had ever used.

The only silver lining I found was that if any of us had a stalker and they used this site to find us, we would be pretty safe. However, I was disappointed to find out that they did not refund my money, but they did cancel my membership immediately when I asked.

I honestly don't understand what value can be gained from this site. Much of the information that could be valuable was not available without an additional fee, and given the quality of the free information provided, I doubt the paid information is any better.

To make matters worse, customer service defended the product by stating that they can only provide information that is generally available from public records. So, if you have more time than money, I suggest starting with public records instead.

Overall, I was terribly disappointed with my experience with BeenVerified. The information provided was inaccurate and outdated, and the paid information didn't seem to be worth the extra cost.

Is BeenVerified legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals BeenVerified as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 4% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, BeenVerified stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering BeenVerified should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

BeenVerified earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: BeenVerified achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for BeenVerified. The company provides a physical address, 2 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

BeenVerified has received 3 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

The age of BeenVerified's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Beenverified.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows BeenVerified website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

We looked up BeenVerified and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While BeenVerified has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 4% of 23 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • BeenVerified protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
E
1:55 pm EDT

BeenVerified BeenVerified Review: Overpriced and Underwhelming Results

I gotta say, I was pretty disappointed with BeenVerified. I mean, they make it seem like they're doing this big, in-depth search for you, right? But when you actually pay for it and see the results, it's like... what even is this? I wouldn't recommend this site to anyone, honestly.

I tried searching for myself, my friends, my family, and then this one person I was really curious about. And let me tell you, the results were just sad. Like, I paid $22.86 for this and all I got was a bunch of useless information that didn't even tell me what I wanted to know. Meanwhile, I paid $7 for another site and got way more info on that person's criminal background and family members. Like, what the heck, BeenVerified?

And then, to add insult to injury, they try to get you to pay even more money to see "premium data" or whatever. Like, why not just tell me upfront that the initial fee doesn't cover everything? It's just false advertising, man. And for what you actually get, it's way overpriced.

So yeah, I'm pretty disappointed with BeenVerified. Don't waste your money on this site, folks.

1:18 pm EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

BeenVerified BeenVerified Review: Accurate Results, Shocking Discoveries, and Exceptional Customer Service

I gotta say, I tried out BeenVerified for a basic background check on some business prospects before meeting up with them. Let me tell you, it was worth every penny. The cost was meager, but the peace of mind it gave me was priceless. I was able to confirm that the information they provided was factual and accurate, which saved me a lot of headaches (or heartache) down the line.

But that's not even the best part. After I finished checking out my business prospects, my curiosity got the best of me and I decided to run a check on my girlfriend. And boy, was I in for a shock. Turns out, she's been lying to me about her age for some time now. I mean, I knew she looked young for her age, but I had no idea there was a 5+ year disparity between her claim and her record. She still doesn't know that I know, and it's kind of sad and silly to see her continue to lie about it even when I ask her directly.

But enough about that. Let's talk about the real MVP here: the customer service. I had a billing concern and reached out to the team at BeenVerified. Linda was the one who helped me out, and let me tell you, she went above and beyond what I expected. She was timely, professional, and really made me feel like a valued customer. It's rare to see a company in the membership business handle a client this way, and it was reassuring to know that they take their customer service seriously.

All in all, I would definitely use BeenVerified again in the future. I don't even care about their competitors at this point. The peace of mind and excellent customer service are worth it. Thanks, BeenVerified!

J
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

BeenVerified BeenVerified Review: Easy to Use, But Locked Out After Signing Up for Trial

This website was pretty easy to use when it came to finding my way around, but once I signed up for the $1-5 day trial and put in my credit card info, I couldn't access the report anymore. It's been raining all day, so I thought maybe it was the weather messing with my connection. I even downloaded the Android app because I have service on my phone, but still no luck. I can go anywhere else on the internet, like email, Yahoo, Facebook, and even write this review, but as soon as I try to access BeenVerified, it's a no-go. I can do a general search as a non-member, but as soon as I sign in, I'm locked out again.

After reading other reviews, I'm not happy with my experience so far. I'll definitely be sharing this review page and my experience with the Better Business Bureau. I canceled my subscription within 40 minutes of signing up. It seems like they were going to keep me locked out with errors until the trial period was over, even though they say you can cancel before the five days are up and not get charged. I'll wait and see if they charge my account anyway, and if they do, I'll be back to write another report and share it with the world. For now, I'll look elsewhere for what I need.

B
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

BeenVerified Warning: Do Not Use BeenVerified - Unauthorized Charges & Useless Customer Service

This company, BeenVerified, is a complete rip off! I cancelled my subscription two months ago, back in June 2014, but I am still being charged the monthly rate. I called customer service to complain, but they told me that since I didn't use all of my extra 'features', I could still use the service until the end of June 2014 at no charge. However, I have not used the service for two months and I am still being charged. The customer service reps are absolutely useless and I can't seem to get anywhere with them. I am warning you, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Update 9/13/14: I contacted customer service through their website over a week ago, but I have not received any response from them. They have not refunded my money or done anything to rectify the situation. This company is just trying to get rich off of people who don't know any better.

***Update 9/17/14: It has been 15 days since I first complained to customer support and I finally received a response from Carla. However, I still have not received a response from emailing them through customer support on the beenverified.com website. I provided customer support with my member number and email address, requesting an explanation of why my account was still active after cancellation, but I have not received any response whatsoever.

Carla, you and BeenVerified are getting bad reviews because you are charging people's credit cards without authorization. This is not acceptable and it upsets people. The fact that you take money that doesn't belong to you costs people time and money to fight you to get it back. Your scripted responses do little to rectify the situation. "Without additional information, I can't help you" is a joke. How about a public explanation of why I was charged and continue to get unauthorized charges in spite of cancelling? If it's "human error", you guys sure have a lot of errors. According to other reviews, you have done nothing to help the situation. You screwed up when you ignored me and stole my money.

BeenVerified BeenVerified's Dishonest Business Practices: A Customer's Review

I decided to give BeenVerified a try and signed up for their one-month membership. However, I was charged a second time and was informed that the membership was hidden in the "terms and conditions" which I didn't read. As a business owner myself, I would never treat my customers in such a dishonest way. BeenVerified should take responsibility for their actions and ensure that their customers are satisfied.

I spend my days dealing with angry customers who are afraid of being taken advantage of by businesses like BeenVerified. I take pride in providing excellent customer service and ensuring that my customers are happy with the end result. While I was satisfied with the services provided by BeenVerified, I will never use their service again and will not recommend it to anyone.

Customer service is the most important aspect of any business. By taking advantage of their customers, BeenVerified has failed in this regard. It is important for businesses to be honest and transparent with their customers and not hide important information in the fine print.

After writing this review, I received a full refund for the extra month I was charged. While I appreciate the refund, it is disappointing that I had to write a negative review to get a resolution. A company with excellent customer service should not require their customers to go to an outside source to resolve a business matter.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

BeenVerified BeenVerified Review: Scam or Fraud? My Experience with Their 7-Day Trial

I signed up for BeenVerified's 7-day trial back in August 2014. It only cost me a dollar, so I thought it was worth a shot. However, the very next morning, I decided to cancel my subscription. I spoke with a live person and thought everything was taken care of.

Fast forward to October 24th, 2014. I was at the gas station and my card was declined. I checked my bank account and found out that BeenVerified had been charging me $25.47 every month for the past three months. I was shocked and immediately called BeenVerified to find out what was going on.

The representative I spoke with apologized for the oversight and issued a refund immediately. However, I was still upset about the insufficient funds fee that my bank charged me for their charge. My bank charged me $34, and I didn't think it was fair that I had to pay for their mistake.

When I called back, the second representative I spoke with assured me that they would cover the fee. However, the third representative I spoke with had the nerve to tell me that it wasn't their fault that I didn't have sufficient funds in my account. I couldn't believe it! How was it my fault that they made a fraudulent charge on my account?

I'm still waiting to hear back from their "escalation department" to find out if they will cover my insufficient funds charge. If they don't, I plan on reporting them to the Better Business Bureau.

After doing some research, I found out that I'm not the only one who has had this experience with BeenVerified. There are hundreds of people who have had the same issue, and they are known for sketchy situations like this. If you Google "BeenVerified Reviews," you'll see words like "scam" and "fraud" pop up all over the place.

Overall, I would not recommend BeenVerified to anyone. Not only do they have internal problems with taking people's money, but their results are subpar. It's just not worth it.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

BeenVerified Unsatisfactory Experience with BeenVerified: A Review of the Background Check Company

I gotta say, folks, I had a pretty bad experience with this company called BeenVerified. Now, I've used a few other companies like Intelius and Spokeo before, and they were pretty straightforward. But these guys, along with Instant Checkmate and Truth Finder, are all pretty much the same. They all give you the same results, but the websites are different.

So, after waiting for what felt like forever for their fake computations to finish, I finally got to the website. Instant Checkmate had the best design, while Truth Finder made me click on every little thing to expand it. BeenVerified was somewhere in the middle, but they didn't have that annoying "Wait! Don't Go! Try Us For $1!" thing that Instant Checkmate had.

Now, here's where things got a little tricky. Both Instant Checkmate and Truth Finder had an option to cancel the subscription right from the dashboard. But BeenVerified? Nope. You gotta call a fake telephone number or email them. The email response was pretty fast, but who knows if it was automated or not. And they kept repeating various offers before finally giving you a different number to call. It was all very suspicious.

But, to be fair, I did get two emails from BeenVerified confirming that they canceled my subscription. And my account says that it's inactive. So, we'll see if they charge my card again. But because of that weird telephone situation, I don't think I can recommend BeenVerified. They're just too different from the other guys.

BeenVerified BeenVerified: The Miracle Worker - A Review

I gotta tell ya, I had a pretty wild experience with BeenVerified. Let me give you the rundown. So, back in '52, I tied the knot with my man and we started our life together. We had a bunch of kids, four to be exact, and things were going pretty well. But then, in '63, my husband's sister had some mental health issues and ended up in a hospital. While she was there, she met a dude who was way older than her and also in the hospital. They got hitched and had twins, but they couldn't take care of them. That's where we come in. We became legal guardians of the boys for nine months, but it was a lot to handle with our own kids and the farm economy not doing so hot. So, we ended up giving the boys to my husband's half-sister from Texas.

Fast forward to now, I was going through some old papers and found an invitation from the boys from way back in '84. I had been searching for them for years, but had no luck. That's when I decided to give BeenVerified a try. And let me tell you, it worked like a charm. In less than 8 hours, I was talking to one of the twins, Hal. BeenVerified found him, his address, phone number, career, and family. It was amazing. I talked to Hal for an hour and couldn't stop crying. I was so grateful to have found him after all these years.

Now, the family is planning a reunion this summer and I'm hoping the boys will come so we can catch up. I can't thank BeenVerified enough for their part in this reunion. God really does answer prayers, and he answered mine after all these years.

L
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

BeenVerified BeenVerified.com Customer Service Review: Exceptional Support for a Paralyzed Veteran's Limited Budget and Successful Search for Biological

I called the beenverified.com customer service/support phone number and was greeted by Timothy. He was super supportive and courteous to me. I told him that I was a paralyzed veteran living on a tight budget with only a fixed income to work with. I was calling to cancel my subscription to the beenverified.com service. I let him know that my cancellation wasn't due to any dissatisfaction with the service. It was simply a matter of my being capable of paying the fee due to my limited income.

I also shared with him my story of using the beenverified.com service to locate and make contact with my biological parents. I was put up for adoption almost 50 years ago right after birth. I told Timothy that I had attempted to use other means to locate them after my adoptive parents had passed away. I had promised them to wait to find my biological parents after they had both died.

My adoptive mother, or simply my mom since she chose me to adopt shortly after I was born, had passed away after my adoptive father had died in 1997. I started to think about finding my biological parents about 10 years ago, but didn't really make much of an effort to do so until my primary care doctor at the Seattle V. A. had asked if I knew of anything about biological parents. She noticed I was getting close to 50 and felt it would be helpful to know of any hereditary health concerns that may have been passed down to me.

It was about the first week in March when I made a genuine inquiry to locate my biological parents. I had watched two TV talk shows which had successful stories of adoptees finding their biological parents without knowing anything about them. The TV shows I watched both posted phone numbers of those who had tracked down the biological parents of many people seeking to find their biological parents. I called each of the phone numbers that were posted at the end of each show.

I soon found out after my first call that they were offices of attorneys with private investigators used to try to locate and make sure the information was accurate. They even promised to provide a means to contact the biological parents to their clients. Well, there was one small detail that I wasn't informed of until the end of my conversations with both offices that had been very successful in this process. That small, or actually large detail was the cost of their services. One office quoted me a $400.00 fee, with installment payments that could be made if needed. I called the second office and received a quote of $600.00 and of course the option of paying in installments.

I discovered that I wasn't in any financial position to afford these "professionals," to locate my biological parents. I then started to contact the Oregon State bureau of vital statistics. They let me know they could mail me a certified copy of my "pre-adoption birth certificate," if I answered several questions that only I would know the answers to and a $20.00 money order to send into their office.

A short time later, around February, I received my certified copy of my "pre-adoption birth certificate," which identified the names of both of my biological parents. I knew the next step in finding them would require some sort of "pertinent information," of some relevance to their names to locate where or if they lived somewhere close to my birthplace. So, this is when on or about March 6th or 7th I signed up with beenverified.com. I was actually able to find both of them and they were both still alive. WOW!

I had the phone number and address of my biological father that I used to make the first call to my biological father. He told me that I had an older sister and older brother and called my sister to get my biological mother's phone number. He indicated they had divorced shortly after I was born. So, the bottom line is that without your service I would probably be a very frustrated paralyzed veteran without the financial means to get the information needed to locate my biological parents.

I don't think I would have enjoyed a very emotional conversation with my biological mother who had last seen me after giving birth to me and placing me up for adoption almost 50 years ago. I can only say THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP! It was indeed a positive experience that I will never forget. Thanks for everything, including being kind enough to extend my beenverified.com services for free until 6/7/15. Keep up the good work, you never know if you may have done this for others and perhaps weren't even aware of how valuable your service has been. A very happy customer with a one in a lifetime experience that has meant more than words could describe!

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

BeenVerified BeenVerified Review: Disappointing Results and Poor Customer Service

I recently tried out BeenVerified and I have to say, I was pretty disappointed with the results. Like many others, I was hoping to find some valuable information about people I was considering hiring, but unfortunately, I came up empty-handed. Despite paying $22.86 per month, I found that the service was a waste of both my money and my time.

I was specifically looking for a nanny that I could trust, so I searched for several different candidates on the site. However, I was surprised to find that there was nothing on their background that would indicate whether or not they were trustworthy. This made me wonder if something was wrong with the service, or if it was just not as comprehensive as I had hoped.

To make matters worse, I also tried searching for people who were known criminals, but nothing showed up on their criminal background. This was incredibly disappointing, as I had hoped to use this information to make informed decisions about who to hire.

When I called BeenVerified to express my frustration, I was assisted by someone named "Cody". He informed me that since I had already searched for six people, he couldn't give me a full refund. However, he did offer to change my plan to their lowest option, which costs $8 something per month. I didn't really have a choice but to accept this offer, as I wanted to at least get some of my money back.

Overall, I have to say that BeenVerified really let me down. I wouldn't recommend it to any of my friends or colleagues, and I certainly won't be using it again in the future. It's a shame that we can't always get the satisfaction we need, even when we're paying for a service that promises to deliver.

R

BeenVerified Unfair Charge from BeenVerified.com for Cancelled Membership

I gotta say, I'm pretty ticked off right now. My husband and I were feeling pretty good about ourselves last month when we finally paid off one of our bank loan credit cards. So you can imagine my excitement when I received a statement today that said we owed zero dollars. But then I saw a "new" charge for 48 bucks from BeenVerified.com. Apparently, they charged us on May 16th, 2014.

Now, I'm no math whiz, but that was over a year and three months ago! I went back into my email archives and found an email I sent to ***@beenverified.com to cancel a free 7-day trial membership. I only used it for less than an hour because the information they provided was nothing new to me. That email was dated February 9th, 2013!

I mean, come on! How can they charge me for something I canceled over a year ago? I tried calling the number I found, but it said to call back during regular business hours. I'm just glad I never deleted that email I sent to cancel. Something told me to keep it, and now I know why.

Honestly, I'm pretty disappointed in BeenVerified.com. I thought they were a reputable company, but this experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. I hope they can make it right and refund me the money they charged me for something I canceled so long ago.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

BeenVerified Mixed Review of BeenVerified: Useful for Finding Addresses and Phone Numbers, but Limited and Frustrating at Times

However, the site can be frustrating to use at times, especially when it's down. It's also important to note that the information provided may not always be up-to-date or accurate, so it's always best to double-check with other sources.

Despite its flaws, BeenVerified can be a useful tool for those who need to find someone's current address or phone number. It's also helpful for reconnecting with old friends or classmates. However, it's important to keep in mind that the site should not be relied upon for more serious matters, such as background checks or legal investigations.

Overall, I would give BeenVerified a mixed review. While it can be helpful in certain situations, it's not without its limitations and frustrations. If you do decide to use the site, be prepared for occasional downtime and the possibility of outdated or inaccurate information.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

BeenVerified BeenVerified Review: Inaccurate Information & False Sense of Security

So, I recently tried out BeenVerified, and I gotta say, I was pretty disappointed. I mean, I did a ton of searches just to make sure that the information was legit, and it turns out that it's not all that great. For instance, I've had the same cell phone number for like 17 years now, and I'm with one of the big carriers like AT&T or Verizon or whatever, but when I looked myself up, it didn't even show my number! And it's not like my friends and family had any better luck - their current phone numbers weren't listed either, even though they've had the same ones for years.

But the real kicker was when I tried to look up this guy I know who did a decade in federal prison for robbing a bank at gunpoint. I mean, he's been out for like five years now, but you'd think that would show up on a background check, right? Nope! According to BeenVerified, he's as clean as a whistle. And that's what really worries me - if people are using this site to do actual background checks on people, they might be getting a false sense of security.

The only thing that BeenVerified was actually good for was property searches, but even then, you can just go to the county assessor's website and get that info for free. So all in all, I wouldn't really recommend this site if you're looking for accurate information.

W
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

BeenVerified BeenVerified Review: Inaccurate Information and Overpriced for What They Offer

I recently decided to give BeenVerified a try to see if it could really help me find information on someone. Their website claims to use social media as part of their research, and I have to say that the information they provided was not accurate. I usually keep most of my personal information public, so it only takes a few seconds on Google to learn everything about me in minutes. However, this site reported my current residence at a location that is over 12 years old. I was only able to confirm that it was me based on the known relatives.

In my opinion, for a site that simply runs a search algorithm to process data, anything over $3 a month is a rip-off. I mean, Netflix is only $9 a month, and that's something you constantly use. Netflix has to pay other companies to be able to use those movies, and they have to pay people to add and delete content constantly. On the other hand, BeenVerified only has to pay for a call center and a development team. Their costs divided among the number of users they have wouldn't be high enough to justify more than $3 a month. If they overgrew, that's poor business planning, and it should not be reflected on the open market.

Overall, I was disappointed with my experience on BeenVerified. The information they provided was not accurate, and their pricing is too high for what they offer. I would not recommend this site to anyone looking for reliable information on someone.

L
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

BeenVerified Mixed Feelings About BeenVerified: A Review of the Background Check Service

I recently tried out BeenVerified and I have to say, I had mixed feelings about it. The starting price of $22.86 for unlimited searches per month seemed reasonable, but I quickly found out that there were additional costs for certain features. For example, if you wanted a PDF report generated, it would cost an extra $1.99.

After waiting for my first search to complete, I was disappointed to find that the information provided was less than what I could find for free on Google. I was then offered another search for $14.99, but it didn't produce any better results. I noticed there were more green buttons for additional searches, but I didn't want to keep adding money to the service without getting any useful information.

I decided to call BeenVerified's customer service to express my concerns and request a refund. To my surprise, they were very understanding and immediately cancelled and refunded the charges. I have to give them credit for their customer service, which is why I gave them a 3 rating.

However, I don't like the fact that you have to keep adding money to the service to get more information. It's not a sustainable model for me, which is why I didn't give them a higher rating. It's possible that you could get better results with additional searches, but be prepared to pay more than just the initial subscription fee for anything useful.

E
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

BeenVerified Disappointing Experience with BeenVerified: Lengthy Sign-Up, Confusing Errors, and Unhelpful Customer Service

So, I finally decided to give BeenVerified a try. The sign-up process was quite lengthy, but I was excited to finally get to the "Get Report" button. However, my excitement was short-lived when I encountered an error message that said, "Your zip code is incorrect." I was taken aback because I have been using this card for years to shop, and I have lived in the same place forever. I re-entered the zip code and submitted it again.

To my surprise, I received another error message that said, "Your card is declined for insufficient funds." I was confused because the first time, the system had already taken the funds off my card, even though it claimed that my zip code was incorrect. I thought that the whole point of matching zips was to prevent such errors from happening. Luckily, I had only loaded enough funds for one month, or else they would have taken two months' worth of funds.

To make matters worse, even though they had taken my money, they were not giving me access to the report that I had been eagerly waiting for. I was so disappointed and frustrated. I should have read the reviews before signing up.

I immediately called customer service, but the response I got was lackluster. They told me to check with my bank and that their credit card processing was done by a third party. They also said that there was nothing they could do and that I would get my money back within seven days. They suggested that I try another card if I wanted to access the report.

I told them that I wanted the glitch in the system reported so that other people would not have to go through the same inconvenience that I did. It was not fair to take my money and not provide the service I had paid for. There's a word for that, and it's not a pleasant one.

Overall, my experience with BeenVerified was disappointing. The sign-up process was lengthy, and the error messages were confusing. The customer service was not helpful, and I had to wait for seven days to get my money back. I would not recommend this service to anyone.

W
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

BeenVerified Unreliable Information and High Price: My Disappointing Experience with BeenVerified

So, I decided to give BeenVerified a try yesterday to check out some information about myself and my husband. But let me tell you, I was not impressed at all. As I was reading through the report, I couldn't help but feel angry and frustrated. The information was just plain wrong!

For starters, it listed my mother as a close relative, but it had her age wrong by 5 years! And my father, who is actually 7 years older than my mother, was listed as a mere acquaintance. It also had a close relative listed for me that I have never even heard of before. And to top it off, it listed my son as a relative, but his twin sister as an acquaintance. How does that even make sense?

But it didn't stop there. The report said there was an alert for a bankruptcy, but then it said there was none. And my divorce was listed as a crime! I mean, come on, how could so many things be wrong? The only things it got right were my residence and my neighbors.

And let's talk about the price. At $22.95, it's definitely not worth it. There are much cheaper sites out there that provide more accurate information. I was so disappointed that I cancelled my subscription today.

Overall, I would not recommend BeenVerified to anyone. The information is just too unreliable and the price is too high. Save your money and look elsewhere for a better service.

BeenVerified Customer Reviews Overview

BeenVerified is a popular online background check service that has received numerous positive reviews from its users. The platform offers a wide range of features that allow users to access public records, criminal records, and other important information about individuals.

One of the most significant advantages of BeenVerified is its user-friendly interface, which makes it easy for users to navigate and find the information they need. The platform also offers a mobile app that allows users to access their accounts and conduct searches on the go.

Another positive aspect of BeenVerified is its accuracy. The platform uses advanced algorithms and data sources to ensure that the information provided is up-to-date and accurate. This has been confirmed by many users who have used the service to conduct background checks on individuals.

In addition to its accuracy, BeenVerified is also known for its affordability. The platform offers a range of pricing plans that cater to different needs and budgets. This has made it accessible to a wide range of users, including individuals, small businesses, and large corporations.

Overall, BeenVerified has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from its users. Its user-friendly interface, accuracy, and affordability have made it a popular choice for anyone looking to conduct background checks and access public records.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

BeenVerified contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with BeenVerified?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with BeenVerified Customer Service. Initial BeenVerified complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for BeenVerified above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about BeenVerified. Discuss the issues you have had with BeenVerified and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.