eHarmony / fraudulent identity

United States Review updated:
Matched by eHarmony with man by the name of Frank Larry, Dallas, TX. Pictures posted and later in the process sent. Man identifies himself as being a car dealer, born in Dallas but raised in another country, and returning to Dallas approx 12-18 years ago. A widower, with one 11-year-old son. Pictures forwarded. Provided my home # and the call came from [protected] (Brooklyn) (icall.com) which is a free service to call anywhere in the USA and Canada from another country. The caller was definitely not American, perhaps South African/Nigerian... did not exchange too many correspondence as after hearing the voice, IMMEDIATELY advised person to stop calling as authorities are tracing call. So far so good. Please be aware! Many scammers out there taking advantage of people, both women and men.

N  2nd of Sep, 2007 by

eHarmony - Fraudulent Identities

Beware of matches using icall.com and textdrop.com -- both free services to call anywhere in USA and Canada from another country. Calls cannot be traced. Text messages not able to be traced. Being used by several eHarmony individuals to contact and scam matches of money.
A  4th of Apr, 2008 by
I was just rematched with someone that I knew was scamming me. He claimed to be from the US when he was really from Africa, Ghana or Nigeria claiming to be an engineer. I have read several other complaints from women about the same problem. I think we need to go to the Attorney General now.
N  10th of May, 2008 by
How does one go about that? I think it is so FRAUDULANT to have non mebers on file as matches, I am not a paying member and after reading the dissapointment stories, I THINK NOT!!!
Let's go to the propper authorities on this, why not...It just makes sinse.

N  28th of May, 2009 by
5 good reasons to stay clear of this company www.icall.com

Even the free aspect of it; not worth it and runs poorly with many bugs!

1: Arlo Gilbert (CEO) thinks hes god and there is no room for others to comment on hes work, or hes little workers work Andy Muldowney. Arlo is in this only for the money and little or no customer care!

2: No customer support number! Yea I'm going to buy from a company but cant talk to them on the phone if i need help, etc! And there forums suck; just type about something they don't like, they will ip ban you or delete your account at best! Notice how there are only a few accounts on there forums, thats because most don't get any answers and have been banned for speaking there minds about crappy service and little support! Just read this auto response you will get if you email support, what a joke and tells you how interested they are in what you have to say! "Nobody is going to read the e-mail you just sent because we receive thousands of e-mails each day to this generic e-mail address, however we would like to help you so please continue reading to find out who/where you need to contact to resolve your support issue." This is not a generic email support@icall.com This is support; meaning you write us back with our concerns! Understaffed? ..hire more people, share your wealth Arlo Gilbert!

3: Too many bugs, you have to log in and log out to make the crap work right! It was built on a platform that most scrip-kiddies play with for fun! I tried it for 3 weeks (ver.4.0) and it worked maybe 40% of the time, and when callers called me, they got busy tones most of the time! If you paid for the crap, you got ripped off! There are plenty of free ones with better support! Just google "voip" (Voice over Internet Protocol) or click on this link for 102 Best Free Phone Services on the Web! www.voip-news.com/feature/102-best-phone-services-032708/

4: You cant use this on Windows mobile phones like 5.0 or 6.1 only on the iphone, tells you something! Most phone users are Windows mobile users! Now if i owned icall i would be on ever cell possible, shows you there not too smart!

5: Instead of giving you just a number, (free ver.) they also give you a extension number to call on top of that in-order for you to get a return call! Now who wants to dial that or wants to keep that number around!

Bottom line:

The company needs to go back and think about people first and making something worth using! They don't care about you, they just want your money and act like there the only voip software. Beware don't buy it, free ones are here and many actually have a number you can call.

My goal is not to bad mouth company's; but to let the pubic know the Truth about CEO's who just make too much money and don't care about there customers. Arlo Gilbert needs to spend less time on that airplane and more time on icall bugs! We need to go back to the people business, people. Mark R. Goldston

what was apple thinking???
N  6th of Jun, 2009 by

Just as an added joy, the "happy couples" portrayed in the e-harmony ads are actors...not real couples matched by e-harmony!

I recieved a casting notice looking for people to play the lovebirds...the casting site was legit (I live in LA) but e-harmony is a joke.

At one point, I was signed up with them and you shold have seen what they matched me up with...I don't even think all of them had teeth! And the pictures looked like they were taken in the 1960's due to the seriously bad hairstyles!

Buyer Beware!