EFlow / incompetent customer service

1 Ireland Review updated:

I first went through the M50 toll on 23rd May, both directions. Then I went to pay the fee and by accident I paid it into the wrong car reg- my Husband's. I quickly realisd my error since the amount was only €6.00 instead of €12 as I was expecting- having failed to pay within the ridiculous deadline. I then rang up the number thinking to be able to pay by phone and sort out the wrong payment. this was on 25th May. the chap I spoke to was nice, friendly, obviously on his last day or just messing around because he says that it's all sorted, but next I hear is I have a letter in the post informing me that I haven't paid a cent! this letter also warns about a possible further fine of €45.50. Anxious to avoid this fine, I ring up again, this time i get a confirmation number for my payment so it sounds as though something might actually have been done this time. Next letter- receipt? thank you for payment? No, telling me I still have €6.00 to pay and because of their incompetence another €45.50 too. Further phone calls. further assurances that the matter will be sorted out to my satisfaction. Promises of return phone calls, a written apology- I'm still waiting. I'm pretty sure they are still going to automatically send out another threatening letter with an extra €104.50 and then I'll really be able to say it's worth getting a solicitor. I'll sue them for damage to my health because of stress, loss of quality time with my children because of all the phone calls I had to make, and psychological trauma caused by the fear of prosecution, which was mentioned in the most recent letter. any advice on dealing with this nightmare would be most gratefully received. consumer complaints board, obviously, but how much detail do they need? I don't have names and dates for all othe phone calls I made, and anyway I'm afraid that's all a bit too deniable. Help!

Comments

• Ir
      6th of Jul, 2009

Or how about paying your toll charge to the correct license plate? HOW ELSE WOULD THEY KNOW YOU HAD PAID OTHERWISE? Thats like CLAIMING to have paid your credit card bill... ONLY PAYING YOUR SISTERS OR SOMEONE ELSES BY MISTAKE! I have a tag and was an unregistered user of the toll road and have had no problems because I use my initiative.

• Wh
      24th of Sep, 2009

Yes she should of paid the toll to correct car, however to err is human. The payment systems of the m50 toll however where designed in hell and purposely difficult to correct errors on. She tried to remedy the mistake however eflows methods are there to stop her fixing it so she will get billed higher - its how you make money.

SO IN YOUR SHOUTING WORDS PRAT, GET ###ING STUFFED!