eDreams.co. Uk / baggage

May 27, 2015
A friend and I recently purchased two return ticket from edreams.co.uk from Icheon (ICN) to Hong Kong (HKG) travelling on 28/09/15 – 14/10/15 and the other travelling on 08/10/15 – 14/10/15. Throughout the whole booking process it stated that there was 1 piece of baggage included for free each way in ticket fare, as shown below in screen shot. There was NO OPTION to purchase luggage and because the website had stated that baggage was included we decided to go ahead and book with edreams.co.uk.

When we eventually got ticket confirmation after purchasing, luggage was not shown so we therefore rang up customer services and spoke to a member of staff called Jasmeet (who would not give me his surname as that was all the information he could give me apparently) He was very unhelpful.
Jasmeet went on to tell me that there was no luggage included for the flight that we had booked. When I questioned him why it was stated on the website that there was 1 piece of baggage included for free each way in ticket fare, he insisted on saying it was not the case in a patronising manor as if I had conjured the whole thing up.
When I asked him why then does it state there is luggage when he was telling me there was no luggage he could not give me an explanation other than to insist that was what I had booked. By this point I was beyond frustrated and asked him what the procedures were for cancellation of these tickets, in which he replied by saying he is not trained to deal with cancellations but just bookings. This is a booking am I not right? I merely asked what the cancellation procedures were yet he was proving to be extremely unhelpful.
I then asked to speak to his manager as I was not getting anywhere with him. She eventually told me that there was no luggage booked for our flights and that only hand luggage was provided. She then told me that I would have to call the airline direct to book luggage and the price. I am extremely angry that edreams would deceive its customers in this way by not stating what luggage is provided.
As there was no option to buy luggage or information which directs you to how you are able to obtain luggage then you expect it to be included. Otherwise there should be some form of written text explaining this before you are about to book but there was nothing.
Had I not called to question the luggage allowance we would have arrived with at least a 20kg suitcase at Icheon (ICN) airport and incurred heavier costs for having to purchase luggage at the counter.
We are now being told to call up Hong Kong at our own expense to buy luggage at an additional cost. The additional expenses we will now incur include luggage costs ($500+ hkd), international call costs and exchange rate currency costs to add to the stress of this ordeal.
Had this been the case and had it been stated clearly that these were the extra costs involved of buying a ticket with edreams, then we would have booked direct with the airline itself. We would not have used edreams.co.uk. What we have paid now for no luggage is the same price as what we could have paid for 20kgs included if we booked directly with the airline itself!
I am seriously frustrated and angry with how we have been treated. This experience should have been reasonably straight forward but has actually turned into an ordeal. I think it is extremely foolish and irresponsible for edreams to deceive people like this and will not be using this website again. I will be telling any friends and family to do the same. This website is not to be trusted!!!

N  3rd of Jun, 2015 by
Dear K.T2,

Thanks for your post and for bringing this matter to our attention.

We regret the inconveniences the booking process on-line might have blessed you. Being an on-line travel agency, we are fully aware that errors happen from time to time however, there is nothing to worry about. Please note that our help line staff does not deal with complaints. You can find a customer complaint form available on our official web site. We have a well-equipped team of agents ready to help you if you have any doubts or questions. Normally, it takes 5-7 days for a response after the complaint form is correctly submitted.

In order to assist you, we would kindly ask to respond a private message we have sent you indicating your booking reference, so that based on the information received, we can look into your case and advise accordantly.

Warm regards,