eDreams / customer service

1 France Review updated:

Edreams is nice as long as you don't have any modification, troubles with your flight. They made mistakes and they are not able to resolve them. I lost more than 390euros because of their miscommunication.

My return flight has been modified (Reservation number 3xlpsm) but on my edreams account I still had the initial dates of travelling (18 till 26 november). I didn't see the email since it was in my spam emails.

I have asked a refund of both flights (The one from toronto to kingston and kingston to toronto) since I couldn't travel because of their modifications. Edreams doesn't want me to refund me the first flight and they told me they gonna refund me the flight back after 3 months how is that possible? I complaint first because they didn't advise me properly of the modification (the email was in my spam the subject of the email was my name nothing says the flight has been modified just the date is different). Second because they don't agree the refund me the totality of the amount. Third they have a customer service really bad they are lying to you that's incredible.

I have contacted edreams several times I always had the same speech

How a such big company can't write email which don't have the format of a spam email?

Ma
Nov 21, 2016

Comments

• Dr
      22nd of Nov, 2016

Hi every one my name is Baz, We are a family of 4 British expats working in South Africa. We saved to go to the USA during the Christmas holidays of 2015 and also be with my sister in law family there. The 14 hour flight journey was planned from Johannesburg to New York return leaving 18 December 2015 and returning 8 January 2016. Clueless about eDreams and not knowing/reading about these horrifying complaints, we had the misfortune of booking on eDreams website to fly direct to JFK on South African Airways (SAA) and paid eDreams online by credit card the total amount of ZAR 70, 512.88 (which is approx. US$7000.00 seven thousand US dollars in forex). As eDreams website fair was cheaper than SAA. eDreams booking reference number was 1425918210. However, eDreams written our names wrongly on the bookings and SAA system did not allow our names to be corrected and hence refused to carry us with the eDreams bookings. SAA internally cancelled eDreams bookings and issued new tickets which we had to pay for a higher amount again otherwise we lose our seats and our Christmas holiday bookings. We complained to eDreams and sent them SAA written response, they acknowledged the mistakes and sent to us an email (Confirmation email ref. [23944776-1450269590]) on 16 December 2015 stating that they processing the refund into our credit card as soon as possible, but until now 11 months later, we are still waiting for the promised refund. We sent tens of emails and hundreds of phone calls which are diverted to their call office in India with no outcome in sight as yet. Their Indian staff even refuse to give their names and just say: "sorry for the refund delay, we will send an email to HQ". Following our persistent follow ups and calls, eDreams UK assigned a person called Rudy Verschoren since 30 June 2016 ([protected]@edraems.com) to deal with the delay problem subsequent to their December 2015 promise of refund, but this person offered no assistance to-date. Even though SAA were saying that the issue is between us and eDreams, SAA had recently acknowledged and sympathised with our dilemma with eDreams and agreed to send an official email to eDreams directly on 10 November 2016 asking eDreams to refund us the value of last year's cancelled ticket. However, almost 2 further weeks have lapsed without even a reply in sight. Due to this massive hole in our credit card, I have asked our international employer to intervene by asking our associated company in Valencia Spain to try to reach out to the mentioned eDreams directors in Barcelona to hopefully get us out of this nightmare and arrange the refund. We have no idea when this problem would be resolved as we have never experienced such business practice in our lives. eDreams has a Spanish Travel Agency Licence no.GC88MD as well as an IATA number: 91281820. One wonders what are the business ethics and company practice criterion demanded by such licences and how does eDreams justify the treatment of their clients in such a way bearing in mind that their net worth is 1.5 billion US dollars?? We remain praying for the refund to come through and as we are all working busy people, we also pray that we don't have to resort to legal measures as we all know that they are expensive and time consuming.