[Resolved] eDreams / cancellation of air tickets

1 Memphis, TN, Germany Review updated:

his is regarding the eDreams booking. I had booked a Turkish Airlines flight (3 Tickets) and got the confirmation of it. While booking ticket I have also purchased full insurance cover (Europ Assistance). After few days, I received an intimation that there has been change in the inbound flight journey schedule from Turkish airlines. Previous delay between connecting flights was 3 Hrs and now it has become 7 Hours. I had myself contacted edreams support several occasions but everytime edreams could not get through the Turkish airlines support numbers in order to get the other alternatives. I have been following this case since Jan 12, 2016. Today (22.01.2016) we could manage to speak to edreams and got the response as, Edreams will try to get the full refund from turkish airlines as there are no feasible options available at Turkish airlines, but the Insurance charges ( 93, 15 €) and booking charges (40 Euro)will not be refunded. Which is quite a shock to know especially when the change in journey has been forced on passengers and Since we are travelling with a family (a kid 6 Years old) it is absolutely not feasible for us to travel with the changed schedule. Then passengers will have to bear the penalty on behalf of airlines? I am seeking here full refund from edreams to which they are denying saying it is not under policy. Awaiting for a positive and quick response. Thanking you. Regards, Sachin Holikar

• Resolution statement

• eDreams Customer Care's Response, Jan 22, 2016

Dear Reviewer80566,

Thank you for your post and allowing us the opportunity to clarify the points you´ve raised.

We remind you that the eDreams fee collected in term of handling your booking request and issuing the ticket is non-refundable as per the T&C read and accepted during the purchase, neither the insurance fee would be as was paid to the insurance company at your request when booking nevertheless it would be refunded if the insurance company would confirm the opposite in a written form.

Please supply your booking reference in a response to a private message we have sent you, so that we would be able to assist on a schedule change or a refund.

Warm regards.
    Nicole - eDreams

• eDreams Customer Care's Response, Jan 26, 2016

Dear Reviewer80566,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, we are not able to identify your case and your booking if the requested information is not provided. Kindly update your reviewor respond a private message we have sent you over here.

We hope to be hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
    Nicole - eDreams

Re
Jan 22, 2016

Comments

25th of Jan, 2016

Thanks Nicole for the reply. Not sure which email should I respond to as I have many emails from edreams till todays date. As for the insurance claim rules, one can start the cancellation of the insurance request within 14 days of booking. Likewise I had asked Edreams support center to initiate the cancellation on 22.01 (my booking confirmation was done on 11.01) ...but edreams said that they can not do it. Now it is against the policy. Please contact me on my personal email which you already have, and I shall provide as many details as you require.
    Thanks.