Edgars Fashion / Edcon / cellphone

1 Johannesburg Cbd, South Africa

Good day!

I bought a cellphone at Edgar's corner Pritchardt and Joubert street opposite Game store and the service and the staff on shift was different as it went well. Yesterday 15/11/2016 I had to return the phone unfortunately as it was problematic.

When I got at the store's cellphone department 18h00 customers were waiting to be helped but behind the counter there were about 6 staff members of which not all of them was assisting customers it was more sort of like 2 or 3 of them doing the same thing or either just standing there chatting and doing nothing and that's the impression I got and no one cared or focused on customers by informing or assuring us that we will be helped or asking us what the matter is and if or whether one is stand in the right que depending on your problem. I then raised my hand to 2 ladies near to me for attention to make them aware I am existing and wanted to find out if anyone else will jump in and help us too reduce the line as they are too many just standing there. A big built female lady looked at me by saying "Yes?" I then replied that my phone is faulty I am returning it. She shouted back " You wait and join the que! And she proceeded with her fellow staff mate with what they were busy with. I found that so rude. I questioned why she speaks to me like that and whether and if that is the norm which they are doing things there and she ignored me.

I checked her name badge it's says zandile and the rest of the staff name tags and only to find out that all of them turned their name badges inside out. I found It shocking and got the bigger picture their is serious discipline issues in that store. Someone came and spoke to the lady that finally helped me and called her mbali and that how I happened to know who is helping me. She also made me wait without explaining what is going. I had to ask her if all is ok it's only then when she told me what she is waiting for.

A manger or supervisor came doing cashup and still no one explained what going on they just stop and ignore me and start doing there own thing. The staff then disappear one by one towards 18h00. I was told I might wait for my phone 3 - 8 weeks which is ridiculous.

Service is very bad there . Hospitality there is very cruel and cold. Accept for my phone i would never go to that store again or recommending it. There are others place to go and spent my money.

Please be informed that this ship is sinking if you were not aware

Sa