eCost.com / Platinum Premium Membership Plan

1 El Segundo, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1 (877) 888-2678

On 12/07/2009 12:15PM EST I ordered what I believed to be the 30-day Platinum Premium Membership, which allows you to decide if you want to be a member. According to the Trial Membership terms and conditions, if you don't [protected] before the 30 days is up, eCost.com will bill you for the $39.95 annual plan fee.

Well, 2.5 hours later I realized the Platinum Premium Membership was a scam by reviewing the so-called non-existant too good to be true deals. I sent [protected]@ecost.com an email to immediately [protected] this order and refund my credit card any fees charged. eCost.com's reply was your request is denied, no refunds as per our terms and conditions.

Today, I learned from my credit card company, eCost.com violated its trial terms and conditions and charged me the full $39.95 fee immediately instead of waiting after the 30th day from 12/07/2009.

My credit card company will be investigating and will chargeback eCost.com the $39.95 fee. I have a copy of the terms and conditions, which make clear the fact that the first 30 days are a trial membership, subject to a $1.00 charge. After 30 days, if you don't [protected], they will bill you $39.95, and $39.95 each year thereafter.

eCost.com Platinum Membership is a SCAM!!

Do Not Fall Victim to Their INCREDIBLE Bargains because they are simply a classic bait and switch tactic.

I am informing the Federal Trade Commission- Internet Frauds Unit, New York State Attorney General- Internet Frauds Unit, and Nassau County District Attorney Racketts Unit of this scam.

You will not get any bargains and the 5 package free shipping at 10 lbs. or less is a value worth no more than $20, if you ever want to do business with this disreputable merchant again that will not issue a refund 2.5 hours later, after you realize you were SCAMMED!

I

Comments

• Ya
      10th of Dec, 2009

I feel dumb...I just ordered the premium...god I hate myself.

• Qu
      27th of Nov, 2010

Tell me about it, I read the terms and thought, wow I can 1 kinect for 29 dollars...I had no idea that by stating 1 per person they were saying 1 person will get a kinect for 29 dollars. I saw the outrageous link come up, clicked on it and wham, nothing. So I found out 1000 people are platinum members according to CS for ecost.com. Makes it seem like you have a chance, well when I saw the outrageous link come up, it was 4:22 est and after the kinect sold is said it sold at 1:20 pst which would've been 4:20 est. My point is even when I saw the outrageous link come up for the first time, I was already two minutes late and I was refreshing my page every second. It makes me think like stock, ecost has some inside trading going. Anyway, just like yankeefan 920, I now also feel like an [censor]. But I love myself.