eCost.com / $39.95 platinum membership
3/10/09 I purchased the platinum membership, which is worthless.
Total scam as other people here report. The desireable items are never available for sale at the advertised prices.
I tried to cancel the membership a month after purchasing. They would not let me cancel and issue a refund.
Now during Feb, 2010 I have contacted them 3 times to cancel membership so that it is not renewed on 3/10/10. Each time I get the runaround by the customer service person and it's not cancelled.
Latest contact is 3/8/10, CS rep. said he couldn't cancel it and it's best for me to call on 3/10/10, the day it renews.
This is a total scam and they should be shut down for it.
However, I have purchased a number of small electronics from them and all have been delivered in good condition and work well.
But, you can buy the same recertified stuff from other web vendors for less money and usually free shipping.
More eCost.com Complaints & Reviews
- eCost.com - Dishonest sales and scam tactics! 
- eCost.com - Scam 
- eCost.com - Platinum Premium Membership Plan 
- eCost.com - Hot sheet bait and switch!
- eCost.com - fishy practice 
- eCost.com - Do not trust these people
- eCost.com - This company is obviously in the business of ripping off their customers
- eCost.com Platinum Membership - Bait & Switch / FRAUD 
- eCost.com - Total scam
- eCost.com - Terrible Service