Ecco / sole deteriorate

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I have a pair of Ecco shoes where the soles have deteriorated. Rest of the shoes are in perfect like new condition. The layer of polyurethane has deteriorated where they are unable to bond a new sole to the shoes.

They are over a year old and Ecco has a year warranty. It doesn't matter if they are made of defective matterial, Ecco does not stand behind of their product. For such an expensive shoe this is unacceptable.

This is my second pair of Ecco shoes where the soles have deteriorted. I had always thought Ecco to be an excellent brand to buy, but not anymore. I will never buy Ecco shoes again.

Comments

• Ph
      2nd of Jul, 2008

Same story. Ecco replaced the soles and they fell apart too.

16th of Sep, 2008

I also have had the same problem with a pair of sandals. The sole has come away in chunks. I was going to send them back until I saw your email, but realise it is a waste of postage and time. Thanks for your comments. I too will not buy another pair of ECCO sandals.

• To
      9th of Nov, 2008

Same problem Bought a pair of Track II Ecco shoes to celebrate my first pay check out of college. Payed over $100.
    A little over a year later, the sole had deteriorated and started falling off. The leather was still in great shape but it was too late and not the kind of sole that can be redone.

Love the styling. Hate the quality.

-- Tom

• Ca
      1st of Dec, 2018

I had the same problem with my Ecco shoes that cost me $200. After time, even if you dont wear the shoe that much, the rubber on the bottom just starts crumbling, you can just literally peel it off with your fingers. The funny thing is (I mean that in a sarcastic way) the reason I buy shoes that cost more is not only the comfort but that they last longer, so I thought, I was wrong in thinking they last a long time.

- Paul B.