eBay / seller suspension without a reason

Ebay - www.ebay.com

I was suspended from eBay for selling what they called "an unauthorized copy" of DVD's. The DVD's I was selling were completely authorized and legal from USA studios. This was stated in the auctions several times. I have a licensed business and acquire my inventory from USA authorized distributors.

I contacted eBay about ten times about this issue prior to them suspending me. They continuously disregarded my pleas for help and clarification. Instead they sent me patronizing automatic replies about reading their FAQ's (which I had already read and fully understood). They simply refused to address my specific complaints. I begged them to tell me what I had to do to sell my items without them being removed and not be suspended. I implored them to allow me to prove the legal status of these authorized DVD's. I asked them to allow me to send references and receipts from authorized movie studio distributors. Again, to no avail. There was literally nothing I could do to contact anybody and receive a response about what was happening to me. And it all culminated with them suspending me after being a seller for only 3 weeks with a 100% positive review record.

I contacted them via email, via their online forms, via their live help services. Live help attendants told me they had no authority to discuss the issue. Email and online forms responses were just ways to send me automatic cut and paste messages without addressing my specific problem. They don't provide a phone number or physical address or any means by which informed human interaction can occur.

Va

Comments

Jo
  28th of Apr, 2008

This may be too late to help this guy as this was posted a year and a half ago but I suggest suing Ebay. They damaged his business. he had 100 percent feedback rating which clearly shows they were in good standing with their customers. eBay is very quick to cut off sellers without warning. and what happened to this guy happens everyday to many, many others. eBay flagrantly does whatever it feels like, they have rules against the stupidest of things. I use to have many items for sale that had very similar descriptions. I used the same description for all and it in was a single word used to describe how I examined each item for flaws. This upset a buyer who used that same word in his alerts for items totally unrelated and he wrote me demanding I stop using that word. Ummm, ever hear of the first amendment? Who is he to demand, that I stop using a word that is not profane and does apply to what I was selling even if it wasnt an item he was interested in. Ebay suspended me anyhow. I took them to court in MY hometown. Yes, I know they claim that any disputes must be settled in their area of California. BULL! You can sue anybody anywhere you like. If you live in New York and eBay damaged your business you CAN sue them in New York and they will need to pay an attorney licensed in New York to come to court and defend them. That costs them even more as they must pay another attorney not their own. They can of course get to court and rattle their sabre and say "see our user agreement says all case must be settled in California" Which a judge may or may not agree with, usually the latter. Judges dont like attorneys telling them have no jurisdiction. My defense to their claim was that MY business was in New York and this is where I was damaged. The judge agreed and I went on to win my case. ( In David vs. Goliath, David usually always wins! ) If enough people make eBay pay then it will become too costly for eBay to continue to screw sellers without justification. Put the pressure on. Sue the bast... !

Jo
  22nd of May, 2009

There is a forum I found on the internet that is free, and helps with Ebay, PayPal, business and the law. Just post any question, the experts will answer it if it has not already been answered!

The forum has a lot of expert advice on it. http://www.modeeworld.com/forums I found advice there about how to avoid EBAY suspensions, get past PayPal limitations, also lots of detailed help on creating your own business, getting past trademark violations, VERO and lots more. Plus general advice on how best to sell on EBAY, what sells the best, how to get the best price for your product, really everything related to EBAY and internet business.

Also advice about how EBAY really works and how PayPal really works. The inside scoop.

Beautiful forum. I was made a moderator of the forum and I love it!

Pr
  27th of Aug, 2010

I don't think ebay deserves our business or that we should have to beg and plead for them to let us back on. There is a new auction site BOOCOO.COM that suppose to be Ebays competition in the near future. They are easy to sign up with and don't all those personal questions and its just like ebay. Don't let ebay take your happiness. Move on to something better and SPREAD THE WORD. Tell everybody. Thats the only way it will take off. Go to other forums with other suspended ebayers and tell them about BOOCOO.COM It may be a little slow now but list things on there people will want and TELL PEOPLE ABOUT IT!!! This is just the beginning people lets work together!

Pr
  27th of Aug, 2010

Boocoo.com Boocoo.com new auction site ebays competition in the near future. Join now its the best.

Do
  4th of Jul, 2011
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

I have used Ebay since 1996 without much difficulty, that is 2010. I had a number of old antique computer game systems to sell. Most of the sales went as I expected but with one. Some guy in Miami purchased a drive that was working perfectly when I sent it to him. After receiving it, he claims it is not working and filed a complaint with Ebay. Ebay refused to here my side and advised me to settle with the buyer. I lost money and the guy got a working antique drive for practically nothing. In another case, I send an item to an individual in Australia. He claimed that he did not receive the item. An investigation found that the USPS had delivered the item and that the individual signed for the item at the Australian Post Office. PayPal validated this information and, of course found in my favor. Then the individual leaves me negative feedback, still saying that he did not receive the item. Ebay refused to remove the feedback, even though they knew their company owned PayPal found in my favor.

Ebay is an evil corporation plus 10. It does offer buyer protections but nothing for sellers. If people stopped selling on Ebay, how long would they last. That, and their rediculously high fees along with being forced to use the PayPal payment system ends up costing more to sell an item than the trouble it is to list it. Ebay SUCKS!