Easylife Furniture / defective mattress

1 Ontario, CA, United States Review updated:

I purchased a set of Mattresses from Easy Life in January of 2010 for 1, 086.00. After sleeping on the mattresses for about a week my husband and I noticed that the mattress was getting a large lump across the center of it. Concerned with the problem I called Easy Life in Ontario where I purchased the mattresses. I explained the situation to them and they were very rude and told me that I had to take it up with the manufacture not them. I told them that this was ridiculous because the mattresses were not even two weeks old. After about two weeks of arguing with the store manager and the district manager, they sent a technician over to view the problem, which took over a week. The technician concluded that the mattresses were defective, and a few days later I received a letter explaining that I would receive a new mattress with in a few weeks. It took them a month before they delivered the mattress, which was just ridiculous; I was forced to sleep on my coach for that time. Then about a week later once again the bump appeared again, and once again I had to go through the whole processes again, very unprofessional. They determined that they were defective once again. This time I opted for my money back and they have refused, they told me that I could get store credit for the mattress only and not the box spring, so that I could buy the new model in the store. So if I get store credit I will be stuck with a useless box spring. I would not recommend anyone to shop at easy life furniture because they are the worst at handling complaints against their merchandise.

Comments

• 24
      24th of Aug, 2010

It sounds like a perfectly normal amount of time in addressing these issues from any retailer of Mattresses and I have worked for a few. It is not an instant gratification process from "ANY" retailer you purchase from, because your warranty is not with the retailer it is with the manufactuer. Let's say it again for the ###ed! Manufacturer Limited Warranty! you deal with the time table of the manufacturer and the inspection company's schedule that they hire to service inspections! Not the retailer. they didn't make it, They don't inspect it! DUHH! You did say that it was eventually serviced so there you go. Obligation fulfilled. i can't imagine that your choice to sleep on the couch really was manifest from the bump you complain about which was eventually addresed by the manufactuerer per your warranty. But it sure makes you sound more put out! Don't it NOW! Oh' Princess will someone please remove the pea from your pea brain rather than the pea under your mattress!