Easy Life Furniture / defective furniture

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I must say that I am extremely displeased by the way my husband and I have been treated by your company. We purchased a new sofa and cocktail ottoman on July 6, 2009. We had the items treated, therefore we picked them up on Wednesday July 8, 2009. Once we got them home, the ottoman is lopsided (one of the legs is shorter than the rest) and the chaise part of the sofa had stitching coming out, not to mention the corner of the chaise (the leather part) is scratched.

My husband called on Thursday July 9th and spoke to a customer service agent, mind you he had to call 2 days in a row because no one ever returned his call the first time, and the agent stated they would replace both pieces and have them delivered.

Today the delivery guys showed up and were going to replace the ottoman but refused to replace the chaise because their warehouse manager told them not to since my husband didn't tell them about the scratch on the corner of the chaise. I asked to speak with their manager and the manager refused to speak with me and stated I had to call the sales person. When I phoned the store, I spoke with Sal first, he then put me on hold and Racheal Medina came on the line and was very rude with me insisting I let the delivery drivers go because they had more deliveries to do. I wanted to get everything resolved prior to them leaving so they would not have to come back.

Racheal was not helpful whatsoever and I am beyond frustrated, I no longer wish to keep this furniture any more and I want my money back. She stated I would have to take the furniture back myself and there would be a 20% charge.

That is ridiculous...The furniture is factory defective.

My husband called the store and they told him the only reason they would not switch the furniture is because we never paid a delivery fee, and they were sorry but the girl who set that up was wrong to do so...

I called to speak with the owner (since the manager won't be in till THURSDAY) and the receptionist told me, "the owner doesn't deal with customers, or do customer service and I would have to speak with Tess Viall" who of course...isn't in today.

I left a message on the voice mail of customer service an hour and a half ago, but do you think I've received a call back? (I'm sure there is some sort of company policy that they have 4 hours to return a call)

Someone needs to get in contact with me ASAP, I didn't pay good money for bad customer service nor defective furniture...

Comments

• Le
      24th of Oct, 2009

I am going through a similar situation with this store. Their furniture is coming apart after less than a year and they are refusing to replace or repair the items. My entire bedroom set is literally bubbling and coming unglued. Their supervisor even hung up on me. I am going to file a small claims case against them. They are out of control!