Earthlink / Do I have to pay?

1 PO Box 2394Salt Lake City, UT, United States Review updated:

On 8/14/07 I called Earthlink to cancel my e-mail account with them. I spoke to someone there who took my information and he gave me a confirmation # of 13069074.

In Sept. of 07 I received a bill from Bill Me Later of $21.00. I mailed a denial of payment along with my confirmation number. In November I received a letter stating that Earthlink had denied that I ever canceled. I was told that I must pay the bill. I called Earthlink and was told that I had never called to cancel and that there was no such confirmation number and that I must pay the bill.

Va

Comments

• Do
      14th of Jul, 2008

I closed my account with earthlink.net on the first of April 2008, and still received bills from bill me later. I called bill me later and was told I had to deal with earthlink.net. I tried several times to send a complaint to earthlink online, but only got dysfunctional pages closed. I called them several times but got put on hold, and then told the line was too busy, call at another time. I received another bill from bill me later on 05/04/08, and wrote them a letter explaining the problem again. I have refused to pay the bill because even though I closed my account with earthlink, they continued to bill through bill me later. I have done all I know to do to straighten out the billing problem. I have received no services and owe no payments at all since the first of April, 2008. Please take care of this problem.
    Sincerely,
    Doris Asbury

• He
      22nd of Jul, 2008

Doris,
    I work for Bill Me Later and came across your recent comment. I would be happy to help follow up on this for you. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience via email at: heather.fields@billmelater.com

Sincerely,