Earthlink / Do I have to pay?

PO Box 2394Salt Lake City, UT, United States Review updated:

On 8/14/07 I called Earthlink to cancel my e-mail account with them. I spoke to someone there who took my information and he gave me a confirmation # of 13069074.

In Sept. of 07 I received a bill from Bill Me Later of $21.00. I mailed a denial of payment along with my confirmation number. In November I received a letter stating that Earthlink had denied that I ever canceled. I was told that I must pay the bill. I called Earthlink and was told that I had never called to cancel and that there was no such confirmation number and that I must pay the bill.
Va

Comments

Do
  14th of Jul, 2008
I closed my account with earthlink.net on the first of April 2008, and still received bills from bill me later. I called bill me later and was told I had to deal with earthlink.net. I tried several times to send a complaint to earthlink online, but only got dysfunctional pages closed. I called them several times but got put on hold, and then told the line was too busy, call at another time. I received another bill from bill me later on 05/04/08, and wrote them a letter explaining the problem again. I have refused to pay the bill because even though I closed my account with earthlink, they continued to bill through bill me later. I have done all I know to do to straighten out the billing problem. I have received no services and owe no payments at all since the first of April, 2008. Please take care of this problem.
Sincerely,
Doris Asbury
He
  22nd of Jul, 2008
Doris,
I work for Bill Me Later and came across your recent comment. I would be happy to help follow up on this for you. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience via email at: heather.fields@billmelater.com

Sincerely,