Earthlink / Unable to close the Earthlink account
I have sent the email below to Earthlink Management. I have been unable to close the Earthlink account and Earthlink continues to charge my credit card even though NO ONE EVER accessed the internet using Earthlink. This has been going on for 1 year.
One year ago I signed up a Sudanese Refugee boy that I was working with with Earthlink dial up internet service. His name is John Aroch. He had recently purchased a used lap top computer and was keen to use the internet. I used my American Express card and signed up for 1 years worth of Internet service with Earthlink.
Upon attempting to login we ran into snags due to the fact that the computer had Windows 95 which was not supported well by Earthlink. Over the next couple of months we attempted to work with your technical support people but were unsuccessful in using the Earthlink connection.
I called Earthlink to attempt to discontinue the service. I told the customer service person that I would consider the $167. charge on my credit card as charity and forget about it, however I wanted the account closed as NO ONE EVER WAS ABLE TO ACCESS THE INTERNET via Earthlink.
Now, one year later I have received a $21. 95 charge on my credit card after thinking that I successfully closed the account.
AND, I have been passed from one person to another and have been UNABLE to close this account. This is fraud. You are making charges on my credit card FRAUDULENTLY.
Please Help ME. I do NOT know what to do.
More Earthlink Complaints & Reviews
- Earthlink - Total incompetence 
- PeoplePC.com - Charged for canceled account 
- PeoplePC.com - Online scam
- PeoplePC.com - Very poor customer service! 
- PeoplePC - Bad service 
- EarthLink / Windstream Services - earthlink hyperlink
- EarthLink / Windstream Services - wifi
- EarthLink.net - it will never get better
- peoplepc online an earthlink brand - unethical canceling practices
- EarthLink / Windstream Services - Ripped off