Early Moments / Not what they advertise at all

1 KS, United States Review updated:

I signed up for Early Moments because I love to read to my son. It's been two months and I haven't received a single book and my credit card has been billed twice for over $30. While looking up contact information, I ran across hundreds of complaints from them, now I wish I had done my research first.
I was able to cancel my order (supposedly) and they reshipped all the books. They promised a refund if I don't receive any of them. You better believe if I don't receive them in 2 weeks time I will be calling back and they will be giving me a full refund. Its ridiculous!

Ky

Comments

• Bo
      6th of Feb, 2011

Hi. Bob Israel here, I'm President of Sandvik Publishing/Early Moments. I just stumbled upon your posting and I'm very sorry for your trouble. Hopefully, this has long since been resolved but, if not, please give us another chance. Here is a toll free number that rings at the desk of Pam, who is our Customer Service Director. (866) 984-0188. I guarantee you she can resolve this problem to your satisfaction. Just let her know you are KYMom. She can also transfer you to me, if you'd like to speak personally.

• Di
      21st of Apr, 2011

Early Moments is a scam and false advertises. The add claims there are no hidden fees and no further commitment, which is misleading.

After ordering "Three books for $5.95, " on March 2, 2011, a confirmation email immediately followed the submission and stated, "the items will be shipped in 7-10 days and arrive within 3 weeks, " March 4th, the payment was processed. March 16th an email was received stating that the order had been shipped which was over 10 days from the original email and the payment being processed. Now, by April 20, 2011, the three books still have not been received. Through email correspondence on April 5th dissatisfaction in the amount of time that passed was expressed. The response from, [protected]@earlymoments.com, was to wait 3-4 more weeks!

To my surprise, on April 15, 2011, there was a debit to my account for $18.96. An email was sent inquiring about the charge, to which a response has yet to be received. After a research effort around the Early Moments website, a customer service number was located (1-800-353-3140) I was able to get through the automated answering service to get a representative, who stated the charge was for the book club that I enrolled in when making the initial purchase. The representative implied that I had not read the fine print, when in fact I had. The agreement states that notification will be sent on the intent to send the next set of books and that there would be 10 days to agree or deny. A notification was not sent. In the end, the refund for the purchase and the $18 charge was provided, but its not worth the headache.

By pass this “deal” it is not what it seems.

• Ar
      17th of Nov, 2011

This is same happen to me. I was not aware of any fine print for continuation of service. I am still in wait for my first original shipment that I was advertised in a reputed magazine. Recently without informing me, my card has been charged $18.96 in pretext of 'Continue Education'. There is no button like 'Cancel Membership' (You can just hold membership for max 3 months, I do not what will happen after 3 months).

These are really bad practices, Such companies are getting card number with fine prints indicating malicious intentions to make (or survive) money in business by selling cheaply available books on exorbitant price.

It is really a headache and troublesome. But a cautious step for other before dealing with such companies over web.