Dynamax Corporation / Richardson's RV / Sold me a Lemon

1 26776 Encanto Drive Sun City, California 92585Sun Valley, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-864-9810

I purchased a 2008 Dynamax Grand Sport from Richardson’s RV in August of 2007, I have taken one trip with it back in November of 2007 and that is when it broke down first in Texas. The Transmission was stuck in low gear and then intermittently would shift completely out of gear while on the freeway. The coach was taken to the local Freightliner dealer and they added fluids and sent us on our way home.

The problem occurred as we arrived home. The coach has been in and out of the shop for this same problem over 5 times now. In fact it was in the shop from the end of November 2008 through the end of January 2008. To date the problem still exists and numerous trips have had to be canceled.

No one will take responsibility for the issue as we have asked them to buy the coach back under the California Lemon Laws states they must.

Dynamax is blaming Freightliner and Freightliner is blaming Allison, and the Dealer Richardson’s RV what a joke they will not accept any responsibility.

I find it hard to believe that you can spend well over $400, 000 on a Coach and get this type of service from the Dealer and the Manufacture. I feel very fortunate that California has strict Lemon Laws that cover RV’s and attorneys file the suits to get your $$$ back.

Do not buy from Richardson’s RV 26776 Encanto Drive Sun City, California 92585
[protected] http://www.richardsonsrv.com/ or a Dynamax Grand Sport 2745 Northland Drive P.O. Box 1948 Elkhart, IN [protected] – phone [protected] - toll-free http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/

Bu

Comments

16th of Oct, 2008

About 5 years ago I went to Richardson's as I was interested in purchasing an RV, a Toy hauler to be exact. I wish I knew the name of the 2 different sales people who were not at all interested in answering questions for me. I was at the beginning stages new to campers and trucks, and wanted to know the size and weight for the different "toy boxes" that I was interested in. They would not help me because I did not have a truck to begin with. When I further explained that I was planning to purchase with in 2 months from that date because of expecting a tax return, the reply was "come back then".
    They are right across the street from me and I will drive 30 miles to a completely different sales company or to over-priced CamperWorld before I will drop 1 penny at Richardson's.

• Th
      11th of Jul, 2011

Hi,

I had the same problem on a 2005.5 Dynaquest. Not a single F/Dealer could figure it out.

I one day, on a whim, replaced the RV House batteries (AGM) and the problem went away. Seems that when I hit a bump, the 12v to the trans on-board computer (sits on the side of the trans) would hiccup and pop out of gear. With new batteries no problems and it has been several years hence, no problems.

Patrick

• Rv
      14th of Feb, 2013

Richardson's attitude is just as described by Mandy. They just don't give a darn. The 3 "sales people?" only want to rush you through to the contract write up. If you have questions, they ignore you and belittle you, then they got ticked off, and told me I should have done my research on the Internet. When I got up to walk out without signing any paperwork one of them gave me the finger, swore at me and told me to never come back. Hey, no problem. I will never come back! Oh, I bought a Dynamax B class in Florida 5 weeks later.