Having problems with Adventure RV?

2910 Newport Hwy
Sevierville, Tennessee

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Adventure RV.

Complaints & Reviews

Adventure RVWater heater part...

Add me to the LONG list of folks who made the mistake of ordering from these A__H___s!
In short I ordered a part, they sent the wrong part. I wanted to simply exchange for the correct part or a refund. They wanted a photo of the box, a photo of the shipping label, a photo of the part and the part # of what I received. Sent the photos as requested but could not supply the part # cause there was no paperwork with the order (I have no idea what they sent). Anyway, after 10 days I guess they have written me off as they NEVER answer their phone, will not respond to my emails or answer my chat messages. Folks who work there should be embarrassed and the owner should sell the place. Wish I had read the reviews before I purchased...lesson learned!

Adventurerv.networst customer service ever!!!

If anyone is in the market for RV parts, I would STRONGLY DISCOURAGE you from dealing with AdventureRV.net. I recently had one of the worst customer encounters of my life with this company. I was in the market for replacement anode rods for my Suburban hot water heater. AdventureRV.net advertised "Water Heater Anode Rod, Suburban" on their website. The manufacturer number that was associated with that advertisement was Suburban's number for a magnesium anode rod. I placed an order for two rods, but when I received them they were not in any packaging and didn't look like the Suburban magnesium rods I had purchased in the past. I quickly discovered that these were not Suburban magnesium rods, but Camco aluminum rods. I contacted AdventureRV.net and asked for a replacement or refund. This is where things got ugly. They used every ounce of energy possible to try to convince me that I should have known these were Camco aluminum rods and refused to pay for return postage. They will not talk to customers on the phone. I had at least five email exchanges with them and even tried their customer chat line. Finally, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. The Better Business Bureau got AdventureRV.net to agree to pay for return postage and a refund. I received a FedEx prepaid postage voucher from AdventureRV.net and promptly returned the anode rods. Today, I received my refund---minus $6! I am assuming that they deducted the return postage from my refund. This is a horrible company, with extremely poor customer service and no morals, which will go to great lengths to prove that they are right and the customer is wrong. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH ADVENTURERV.NET AGAIN, AND I URGE OTHERS TO AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM ALSO.

Adventurerv.netsurplus / seconds without manufacturer warranty being sold as new

I ordered atwood water heater part number 96121. I received atwood water heater part number 96220. Beware of this bait and switch policy due to the following: atwood mobile products has verified to me that part number 96220 is sold from atwood to manufacturer's only. Unfortunately some distributors are purchasing this part number 96220 as seconds/surplus and selling them as new to end users at full retail prices. This has been verified by atwood mobile products as illegal and the product the end user is stuck with has no warranty. Want to verify this fact for yourself call warranty dept at atwood mobile products. After dealing with this entire mess with this company that included complaints and disputes to my credit card company, bbb of tn, attorney generals office of consumer affairs I wish I would have read the on line reviews. This company is known for it's bait and switch and strong arm tactics which they tried all of them on me. Ridiculous and I kept fighting until I got a pre paid shipping label to return the product and a full refund including shipping costs. They tried it all and they lost, but just run away from this business find what you need for your rv elsewhere. Read all the on line real reviews most of them are negative for very good reason. Do a bit of research and you will uncover a wealth of knowledge about this company's background and the socinski family that owns it. Beware of adventurerv.net horrible company and owners!

Adventurerv.netrooftop air conditioner

I ordered a rooftop air conditioner... It was shipped via Fedex... I got a call from the Fedex facility in Mobile, AL that the ac was damaged and they could not ship it to me and were returning it to Adventure RV... When I called Adventure to try to talk to someone a voice mail stated that they only do online chat and email and would have to open up a ticket # which I did... I asked for a refund as they would get a full refund from Fedex... They have been dancing around for a week saying thet they would refund my money but have not as of yet... I contacted my cc company as I have all the proof I need that I never received the ac and proof that they said they would return my money... Hopefully I will prevail... The customer service for this company is non existent... If you have any problems with your order you are on your own... Lesson here is always call a company first to make sure that you can talk to a real person.. Never again with this company and I will let everyone of my RV freinds not to do business with them... They should be investigated...

Adventurerv.netsurge protector manufacturer's number: [protected]

When I saw this product on AdventureRV web page with the 34730 that was the exact model number I had checked out. Saw a couple more items that we needed so I ordered all three. I attempted to contact them concerning when it might be delivered, but they never returned my phone call. When the items arrived I noticed the model was not the 34730 but the 34830 which I had not ordered and was not familiar with. If I'm not mistaken. Luring a customer in with one model and witching it to another, is called bait and switch. When I looked up on the internet the 34730 still had great reviews but the newer improved model 34830 had really bad reviews. Customers were returning them. If they held on to them within a year the units were going out and the company was not backing them. I was not aware that the second number (above) listed behind the first model number was actually another model. These numbers don't look separate. There is no and, or, even a comma between them. These numbers are still listed exactly same way together on their web page. Oh, when I returned the items. They never offered to send the original model I ordered. They never asked why I was returning these items, and charged me over $40.00 for return postage and restocking fees even though it was blatantly their mistake, being bait and switch. Since this learning mistake I have seen many unscrupulous complaints with this company. Hopefully with enough complaints against AdventureRV something will be done with this crappy, dishonest company.Why doesn't the nearby town or within their state shut them down. Since then we have found a really nice, honest company called Tweety's. I called them and talked to them about the surge protectors. They were very informative, polite, knowledgeable and honest. Very impressed. WARNING ----DON'T SHOP AT ADVENTURERV, unless you want to be disappointed and ripped off. Hopefully what Goes around Comes around.

Adventurerv.netOrdered an a/c shroud

I ordered an A/C shroud from this company. they sent me an air helper spring kit. they have no phone support, its all submit a claim and we will get back to you. I wish I would have read some reviews about adventurer.net. I will never do business with this company again...buyers beware

Adventurerv.netterrible service, buyer beware

Terrible customer service, dishonest and deceptive. Don't bother calling their phone number either, as they do NOT take calls. Their website has errors, and because of it, the customer is stuck with receiving the wrong items, afterwhich YOU (the customer) have to not only pay for the shipping charges to return the item, but then they'll ding with a minimum 15% restocking fee. Buyer beware. Recommend buying your RV parts/accessories somewhere else. I know I will.

Adventurerv.netshipping & return policy

"Wow, extremely BAD experience from this company. Ordered an item for two day delivery and paid an additional $90 for expedited shipping. Immediately after checkout the site told me that it would take 2 days to process. I called within 20 minutes after placing the order and was told that their automated system cannot be altered and to simply return it when it arrives. As I was getting ready to return, I found there was no return postage paid. After a few calls and emails come to find out that they don't pay for returns. $200 in shipping and expedite fees for a $179 item. Very little sympathy and you're own your own attitude.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!"

Adventurervterrible customer service

Terrible customer service. You'd better hope everything goes just right with your order or you're going to be in for a real adventure! 20% cancellation fee, %15 restocking fee, must use UPS or Fedex for returns. No phone help to speak of and if you do talk to someone, it is almost certain that they won't help you. I have been waiting for over 2 weeks for my money back!

Adventurerv.netmisleading advertising - terrible service

"I ordered a MaxxFan model 5100 based on an email promotion. What I received was a 5 year old discontinued unit with significantly different features than what is currently available. When I contacted them about my dissatisfaction I was told I got what I ordered and should have known the part number was lacking a "K". I have searched the manufacturers web site and the internet in general and cannot find any info on the unit I was sent yet they continue to insist they have no responsibility in the sale of this misrepresented product. The description provided in their advertisement was very brief and lacked any specifics that may have suggested this unit was not the current model sold by everyone else at a very similar price. Their customer service is nearly impossible to contact by phone and the email responses were very dismissive of any legitimacy of my complaint.
                    I would never trust them to deal honestly or stand behind a sale to assure a satisfied customer. They are the classic example of "buyer beware" with internet sellers ."

Adventurerv.net — stay away from this company, service sucks

Purchased an air conditioner unit for a camper a few weeks ago. Installed it recently and found that is doe...

Adventure RVBait and switch

After calling Adventure RV & Truck Center in Wichita, for an RV rental, we were told we could come out & view what they had available for the week we requested. We were shown a nice RV with a slide-out, very clean and was told we would get THAT RV we were shown. We were very impressed, pleased & excited to rent the RV. It looked brand new, it was very well kept. As a side comment, the salesman stated there was an "identical twin", but it was just returned and was being cleaned, so he couldn't show us, but he could promise he would reserve, for us, the one he just showed.

When we went to pick up the RV, we had to fill out paperwork & pay before seeing the RV. We were in a hurry & felt confident we would get the one promised. It was not the one promised. While explaining the RV "how to" to us, we inquired about the RV promised to us. They stated the one promised was having technical difficulties, & they could not send it out. We begrudgingly took the "identical twin", which was NOT identical in upkeep. The slide out did not work properly & we were instructed to put a wedge bar in to keep if from sliding out while driving. It was very rough looking, with torn upholstery; stripped wood finish; stained carpet; the television did not work; the black water hookup was broken & ran out everywhere when dumping. In addition, the air filter filled with water while driving through some rain, causing it to breakdown.

We were instructed to call the owner if we had any problems or concerns. We called him regarding the tv not working, he referred us to his technical man, whom stated he could not help, since he was not familiar with those tvs. When it broke down due to water in the air filter, the owner stated that we were shown where the replacement filter was, so we could replace it. We explained we were told to call them for all issues, not to mention, there was no replacement filter.

After all the "adventure" we could handle, we then had to call for our deposit to be refunded. It took weeks to get the deposit back. When we expressed our frustration in the "bait and switch" to the owner, he replied that he could give us whatever RV rental he wanted and/or had available. He stated that the one we were supposedly promised was sent out with another customer, so that's why we got the one we got.

The staff was short of rude, abrupt and very unprofessional, after they had our money. The bookkepper could not or would not answer questions regarding our deposit, stating the the owner's wife was the only one who could handle it. However, she never returned phone calls. The owners are a husband/wife team and difficult at best to deal with. I do not recommend doing business with this company, unless you want an unpleasant adventure at Adventure RV.

Adventurerv.netmisleading info/bad return policy

Based on their advice I purchased a Blue Ox Braking system. I didn't immediately install it until 5 months later and found out it didn't work on my vehicle. Contacted adventure rv and Amanda got very excited when I wanted to return the item...then got defensive and agressive...then "transferred" me to Leonard's voicemail except it never went thru after a 10 minute wait...when I called back Amanda didn't answer the phone. E-mailed the owner [protected]@aol.com Mr. Socinski. He told me they never give advice and I must have mixed them up with someone else (oh yeah the also don't have salesmen...but do have sales-agents per their voicemail)...and I should have returned it within 30 days even though it's still in the same box never been used...I wouldn't recommend this company.

• Do
                            Doug J Aug 29, 2014

I ordered a converter but had done research through the manufacturer to ensure I was ordering the correct unit/color. I ordered the WF-8725-P which is brown. A black unit arrived so I called. I was redirected to online chat.
                            I filled out a ticket and it said an e-mail was sent to me with a ticket number. I had to go back to chat as it took an hour to receive a ticket # which is already closed out. Also the chat person was of no help and said I'm ending this chat. After replying to the e-mail explaining WF-8725-P is brown and WF-8725-PB is black they insisted I'm wrong and the "P" and "PB" are not color designations (again as per manufacturer) and I can return for refund at my expense. I would be out original shipping, return shipping and they stated they have 30 days to refund. All this for their mistake. I contacted the BBB and I will be contacting my CC company. I tried to work with them but to no avail.
                            Stay clear of AdventureRV.net / Adventure RV Center in Tennessee

Adventure RV/wrong part for heatingwrong product

This company sent the wrong product and refuses to refund our money.
                          Adventure RV Center
                          2910 Newport Highway
                          Sevierville, TN 37876
                          We have sent emails to get the funds and send the product back. We are very disturbed by the lack of customer service and the fact they have our money and we did not receive the product as ordered.
                          This type of service is unacceptable and should not go on. We want to send the product back and get our money back.

Adventurerv.net — Bad service

I received a shipment today (8/26)and the box was broken open with the packing materials falling out. What I...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices