DutyFreeDepot.com / online fraud

United States Review updated:
3.35

I placed an order for 6 cartons of cigarettes 2-26-07 with sales person Bruce, 6 weeks later I had not received the order and called Bruce and he assured me that the order would be sent out again. A month later he stated they were out of the brand I order but I could substitute, so again he said they would be sent out, another month went by and Bruce now said they could send the original ordered item, guess what nothing. the first week in June I left a message stating I wanted to place and order and received a call from another salesman and he assured me that the order would go out. It is is now July 15, 2007 and of course nothing.

Customer service never answer an email, and I have sent 25-30 of them. They are never reachable by phone, just a recording that states they are open Sunday-Thursday 12:00Am-8:00AM EST, but if you do call during those times, no one still answers and you are told not to leave a message.

Stay away from this site you will only loose your money and never see an order or refund.

Comments

Sa
  6th of Jan, 2009
Dear William,

I can certainly understand your frustration.

But, despite what you think and write about us, I can confirm to you that Dutyfreedepot is not a ripoff.
We are bound by customs international laws and cannot deviate from that path otherwise we wouldn't
be able to operate!

Dutyfreedepot did not operate in full last year for technical reasons that had to do with Customs relocation.

I believe that during this time, a few customers did not receive their goods
and were ignored for the simple reason that even basic operations were placed on hold.

I urge you to contact me in person. We provide the most accomodating services and guarantee delivery
to your doorstep as soon as possible.

Saar@dutyfreedepot.com
sales@dutyfreedepot.com
Orders@dutyfreedepot.com

You are welcome to call us toll free as well: 877-850-0707

My apologies if you were mistreated during our extensive move.

Thank you!

Saar Levin
Ba
  24th of Jan, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Dear Customer Service:

I also have a complaint - I placed an order for 10 cartons of Marlboro Lights back in August/September of 2010 with a person being trained - it turned out he double billed me & I still haven't received my credit - I have asked that instead of putting the money back into my account they just send me the 10 cartons of Marboro Lights - I have heard nothing except that it is being taken care of well it is now a new year & NOTHING

Sincerely,

Barbara A.Codella
My telephone Numbers are as follow for a response
631-753-2786
516-455-9217
  13th of Dec, 2011
After arguing for 3+ months and being a long time consumer. I finally won the battle! This is how Dutyfree decided to handle the situation regarding my complaint. I have forwarded my feelings to Michael and am sure Saar reads these complaints on a daily basis, although I will still forward my feelings to him also. Trust me, this is just the beginning as they should have just offered an apology or at least answered the telephone/emails for months now, yet they chose to ignore my plea to work with me. Order on your own judgement of how they treat their consumers who do not get what they paid for in advance? Good luck if you think they are reputable! If you are being harrassed day and night and all of a sudden they completely ignore you that is just the start of their scam. Don't say I didn't warn you. ;-) If I do hear from them again I will update my complaint.

Sincerely,
Nancy
Cc: Saar@dutyfreedepot.com

Dear Nancy,
Since you have disputed our charge, and we have no funds for your order which you have received part of, we have no choice but to block your account and put you on the black list. You will not be able to order from our site or any affiliated site. We tell all customers that if there is a problem on missing items, that we will reship them, or issue a refund. Your dispute is not acceptable and will not be tolerated.

From,

Customer Support
  15th of Dec, 2011
Update: Have not heard a word from so called "Michael" or "Saar" regarding my email to them? What a surprise! No one should believe these people even exist. I did hear from Dutyfree whining about the money "they lost" by me disputing the obvious false charges they tried to get from me (which I proved) were just wrong so they are just trying to cover their butts and keep me from speaking out . I even offered to pay them for the partial order they sent me which I could have screwed them out of although that is not my nature of being an honest person!

Always save any and all correspondence with them as if there is ever any problem as they will downright lie to no end to get money they "think" they are entitled to? It is a shame that you have to pay in advance for your purchase that you may or may not receive that is where they get you every single time. If you go through Kliknpay as I did, and have all your correspondence and make sure you always save your order status from dutyfree, they can never get away with this scam. I am pretty sure, kliknpay will no longer will be an option for them as Klicnpay are the only ones that called them on their false charges as I had the proof of when they tried to lie.

Now with that said, I have moved on to my many other resources through media "investigative reporting" that will bring this scam down for for what it is!
P.S. If I were to go on their site, they will be more that happy to offer me a purchase with a voided check and my account #? Are you kidding me? That will be the day. They do not like to be challanged by any means so this is the way they can screw you royally only if you let them do it and are dilligent in constantly saving everything.
Will keep you all updated as to how this all unveils in the long run! This is actually fun for me to expose them so no other consumer will be taken advantage of and how this site will be exposed for what it is. There are other sites that will not scam you out of your hard earned money with deals and will work with you.

More to come in the future! :-)
Nancy P
Dear Tina,

Why are you and dutyfree still trying to get me to order from your site when you have apparently "blacklisted" me and there is still an ongoing issue regarding your scam/answers that have not been addressed regarding your practices?

This is just beyond my compression!

Thank you in advance for your timely response.

Nancy
Cc: marketing@dutyfreedepot.com (Michael)
saar@dutyfreedepot.com (Saar)
  15th of Dec, 2011
After sending my last post, they still will not let it be! I had to respond.

Dear Tina,

Why are you and dutyfree still trying to get me to order from your site when you have apparently "blacklisted" me and there is still an ongoing issue/complaint regarding your scam/untruths regarding my complaint of your site not being honest with the consumer?

This is just beyond my compression.

Thank you in advance for your timely response.

Nancy Porter
Cc: marketing@dutyfreedepot.com (apparently Michael)
Saar@dutyfreedepot.com (apparently Saar)

Once again, Michael or Saar apparently will not address and ignore my inquiry in writing as they obviously have something to hide and I will continue to investigate with the utmost pleasure. ;-) They have had ample time to offer an apology which they chose not to do. I am not expecting one, however, if they do I will update my comment.

Duty Free Depot Logo Duty Free Depot