Duty Free Depot / 2 months and still no product..?

1 Mansfield, OH, United States Review updated:

I placed an order 2 months ago and... Yep.. Nothing!! Absoulutly.. Nothing... Im so mad, I ordered 2 cartons of ciggarettes for 100.00 and they even had the nerve to charge my account for the order but I have not got anything.. For the last month the staus of my order according to duty free depot "it is prepared to be sent." and they say that after processing the order will be shipped 48-72 hrs..?? I dont know what to say... They are fake!!! And scamming people please dont fall for the website.

Comments

20th of Apr, 2009

Dear Johnathan,

The first order you are referring to was never charged. This is due to incorrect bank information (Invalid account) that you have provided us with. We have tried to contact you on several ocassions and since we failed to do so, the following order that you made was placed on hold until communication could be established.

Unfortunately, you have chosen to communicate with us via this site.

Since we were now able to charge your account for the second order, it is under "Packaging" status and ready to be delivered.

I trust that once you receive your goods, you will delete this comment.

Saar Levin
    Program Manager
    Saar@dutyfreedepot.com

• Os
      26th of May, 2009

I have been emailing duty free depot or the past few weeks and have only ha a reply to the first one referring me to faq.

I live in England and wanted reassurance that I will not be out of pocket if I make an order and nothing arrives. I have not had that reasssurance even though there is a tick box if you pay extra that you will be covered for customs seizing it/lost in post etc.

I'm not sure why I am no longer being replied to, maybe it's because no such reassurance can be offered.

I did wonder if it was too good to be true. Can someone from dutyfreedepot offer me the guarantee that I will not lose money if I make an order?

14th of Jun, 2009

Dear Osmo,

Not only can I guarantee that you won't lose your money when purchasing Duty Free items at our online store, I can commit that you will receive the best price offers for genuine and authentic Duty Free products. Please contact me at saar@dutyfreedepot.com and I will do all within my powers to assist you.

Thank you.

Saar Levin
    Program Manager

• Su
      29th of Sep, 2009

hi everyone

I have used duty free depot a few times now and have had absolutely no trouble at all. The service is great, items arrive in a within the 10 days and i am very happy with it. Sorry to hear of those who are not!!
    Sue, England

• We
      27th of Apr, 2010

So why hunt the internet for a complaints site to post something that is clearly not a complaint. Simple, because you are or work for the company!

• Gi
      3rd of Jul, 2010

I have ordered 400 Embassy No1 from these shysters and guess what they have been seized. Despite me paying extra tax on their website to comply with duty free laws in UK.

I have now received a very suspect looking letter from the UK border agency. YEAH RIGHT!!!

CON MERCHANTS DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM.

I paid $182-00 including extra duty tax for 400 Cigs these were not cheap and you still ripped me off.

The order no is 138534 for any company fraudsters who like to reply to this.

• We
      9th of Aug, 2010

Just claim it back on your card as you are legally protected by the card company ;)

• Ni
      21st of Aug, 2010

I put in an order and still have not heard anything... Order number 154303... I just want my order

2nd of Sep, 2010

My son, a minor place an unautorize order. When I found out 5 hours later, I try contacting duty free, and comes to be that thier mail box was full. I email them 4 times. Was email back with them stating that the bank trasaction was already process and that what they needed was a copy of my ID to ship cig. Without the ID (note my son is only 15) they would not ship cig. but would in the mean time keep my money. What now?? I am at a lost with this SCAM. Stay away. There has to be someplace where all this can be reported.

2nd of Sep, 2010

The order number for the aboved is 157141 (martita)

2nd of Sep, 2010

Saar Levin, Where are you to be contacted if the mail box is always full????????.

• Ir
      5th of Jan, 2016

I ordered my product over 2 months ago and it's still not here. Quoted delivery time was 28 days. The tracking number they provided doesn't exist. I've tried contacting them many times through email and their online portal - no answers - ever. Only spam calls from their sales people trying to sell me more, but they never give me an answer about my missing product and they refuse to pay me back my $100.