Duty Free Depot / paid them, and got nothing not even a refund!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I placed an order for 1 carton of cigerettes with duty free depot over two months ago and still have recieved nothing from them. Before placing the order I E-mailed them asking how long will it take to recieve the item etc. which I got replys for (from "jane") almost imediately givng me answers to all my questions and also giving me advice on how to place the order, making it seem like it's all lagit. Weeks went by and still I got nothing, so I E-mailed "jane" telling her/him this and was advised to wait 21 working days, so I did. After waiting the amount of time I was advised by duty free depot and still recieved nothing I asked for a refund as I paid for nothing and only after I asked for a refund was I told by "jane" that customs may have seized the item so therefore I need to wait longer. Before placing the order, customs was never mentioned, had I been given the facts by them I wouldn't have placed the order. Duty free depot will not give me a refund and are now ignoring my E-mails. They are nothing but a scam, and this "saar" person, more like greedy animal, is talking rubbish. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM! Any positive comments posted are done by them. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY IT! I assure you, 100% guaranteed you will NEVER recieve your order which you pay for.

Ma

Comments

• Gi
      3rd of Jul, 2010

I have ordered 400 Embassy No1 from these shysters and guess what they have been seized. Despite me paying extra tax on their website to comply with duty free laws in UK.

I have now received a very suspect looking letter from the UK border agency. YEAH RIGHT!!!

CON MERCHANTS DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM.

I paid $182-00 including extra duty tax for 400 Cigs these were not cheap and you still ripped me off.

The order no is 138534 for any company fraudsters who like to reply to this.

• Su
      26th of Feb, 2011

I placed an order with dutyfreedepot before reading any of these complaints. I received all 10 cartons as promised in two separate orders within the 21 day period. No, I am not from their company. I do feel they might be having difficulties and I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I have had follow up phone calls and a call that was enlightening me about a sale they were running on my brand of cigs. I have not experienced any problems as of yet. Sorry for all those who have .
    Unfortunately I placed a second order for 4 more cartons and I am hoping that they will come, after reading all the negative comments.

• Mu
      20th of Jul, 2012

I was going to order from this website but luck has it my battery ran out on my laptop. so i thought i would order the next day. but at 1.00am, yes 1.00am i got a phone call urging me to make payment. i was informed by sanja if i gave her my credit card details she would put order through for me. i put the phone down but since then i get 15/20 calls a day and at least 2/3 emails. I. will not be ordering from them and certainly not giving my card details. After reading the comments left important glad my battery died.