Dubai Airports / Dubai International Airport / baggage damage

1 Emirates, United States

Dear,
During my flight from Bangkok with Emirates BKK EK 0384/12, on 15th of February, there was a delay in taking off due to which I was delayed for the connecting flight in Dubai to Prague on 16th of February, DBX EK 0140/11, but made it with a group of passengers escorted by staff at the airport.

However, my bag (1 piece of checked in luggage in Bangkok) was not transported in time and upon my arrival to Prague, I was left without a bag to pick up. Bag information: DXB-B2L 0391

I filed a complaint and was promised my bag will be delivered day after the 16th of February. I explained further that my winter jacket and warm clothes are in the luggage and asked for help given that there is temperature difference Tahland-Czech Republic of 25 degrees. From Prague, I had to take a train to go home (2, 5 hours) from the main railway station but because I had no bag I was faced with rough weather and had to purchase a winter jacket on the train station not to freeze.

On top of the additional cost this situation caused for me, the bag was delivered in a very poor shape today, 17thof February. It was dirtied down and with the broken handle. This was a travel suitcase, beige colour in excellent shape, bought 3 months ago of Scandinavia brand 50x40x20 .

The shape it was delivered involves the handle on the top being ripped out and broken (picture attached). This bag is of no use to me anymore.

For this reason and due to the additional cost of buying clothes as a result of inadequate handling of my luggage at Dubai airport I wish to request a financial compensation in the amount of the new luggage of Scandinavia brand 50x40x20 in the original amount of 100 Euros and another 50 Euros for the clothes.

With regards,