DSTV / dstv account disconnected without notice

Howick, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa

Good day. DSTV Smart Card Number: [protected]. My account was disconnected on the 24/04/2017 as the account hasn't been paid DSTV never debited the money nor notified me that it wasn't paid since December 2016. The settlement amount I was given was R4745, I have been phoning the call centre [protected] numerous times and keep being told they will escalate it to the Payment Plan Department (Accounts Department) and will be contacted within 48 hours. Apparently they are not the department that can assist with this, and I can't contact them myself but the call center person will escalate it. I have spoken to four different call centre people, one less helpful than the other. One of the call center ladys mentioned that the previous 3 escalations were never done, although I got reference numbers for the last two, even the messages on the account from previous conversation is very vague. (Refr: 2878390-i95 & 2878390 - i97). I am really very disappointed with the service that I have been getting. I have not even had the opportunity to speak to someone about this account. Why did they never debit my account as arranged over the phone. Why did they wait 5 months to cut my account and wait for me to phone in and query it? Why did they not send an sms to report account not paid then I would not have had such an account overdue. Not happy. It doesn't even help phoning the call centre as the service is absolutely pathetic. Not helpful at all just passing the buck all the time.

Bo