DriveTime / Harrassment And car flooded from Hurricane

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I bought a Toyota Minivan in 2006. After I purchased it, I realized it had been a car from the hurricane Katrina flood. Someone had died the carpet so it wouldnt be noticable.
Next, I made a payment AHEAD of time and didnt realize it was $10 short. Drivetime called me everyday and left messages with my family, my employer and my voicemail till I called them back.
HARRASSMENT over TEN dollars!!

Co

Comments

• Do
      5th of May, 2009

Always look at a history report before buying a used car. Most places will let you see a history report on the car for free. I am not sure about DriveTime though, they seem to be a very bad place to get a car.

• Li
      29th of May, 2009

When i bought my car from our local Drivetime, they gave us a copy of a Carfax report. I haven't had any problems with my car itself, but the customer service sucks big time with this place. I don't know how to describe it. It's like they say they don't want your credit to be a problem, but they charge you outrageous payments and most of them want it paid bi-weekly...they know that it will cause a problem in the future and when you do pay, it will be along with late fees and interest charges. I bought my car in 2005 and it was a 2001 and when the smoke clears, we have paid over 16, 000 dollars for it. I owe 1200 on it and I am behind on payments and I have been threatened with repossession and I get harassing calls daily. My car is 8 years old and has well over 100, 000 miles on it...so, why they won't just work with me and let me pay it off is beyond me. My car itself is worth less than what is owed on it, according to Kelly Blue Book value.