Drive Time Credit Corp / Unethical Practices

United States, Georgia, Atlanta Stone Mountain Review updated:
Drive Time Credit Corp
Atlanta Stone Mountain
My partner and I have bought 2 cars through Drive Time, only been late once on payments. Paid off both cars very early and was told that we were put in "Gold Member Status" which enabled us to go the dealership and purchase a vehicle, no money down. Early this year we were interested in purchasing a Ford Mustang that I saw on the lot. After doing my research I found that the vehicle was priced about $5000 above Blue Book value. I called our regular sales person anyway, told him that we were interested in the vehicle, no money down, and that we would have to negotiate the price because it was too high above supposed value. Went in and wasted a whole day sitting there only for the manager to tell me that we would have to put about $1500 down and that they could only take $500 off the price. I was highly upset. So I filed a complaint with the BBB who stated that the situation is out of their scope. Then on today I receive a funky little $25 gift card from a gentleman named Ray Sappington of Drive Time and an enclosed letter addressed, not to me, but instead to the BBB representative apologizing to her for any "misunderstanding", "inconvenience", and "confusion". I am in the process of returning the gift card to him, writing a follow up letter to the BBB and Mr. Sappington, and finding out who I need to go to about this shiesty business. I am very dissatisfied with the outcome of my complaint, the way that 2 loyal customers were treated, and their deceptive practices. I would LOVE to join a class action law suit against them.

N  4th of Apr, 2009 by
Is Drive Time the dealer or the lender?
A  6th of Apr, 2009 by
They are both. Drive Time does in house lending (no outside banks involved) so that they can finance persons with bad credit.

DriveTime Automotive Group Logo DriveTime Automotive Group