Dri Spyhunter / stolen money

1 200 twickenham roadleytonstone, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

Took £28.56 from my bank account. I thought I was purchasing a spyware package but almost a month later they took the money and I have not received anything!!

Cant remember the exact web address but it says free download of spyhunter anti virus and spyware software

Rh

Comments

• Ka
      24th of Jun, 2008

Yup, Spy Hunter is a gold plated scam.

Clever dickies get you infected with one of their Trojans; EAAntivirus is a favourite. It is so intrusive that it eventually grinds any PC to a halt with its incessant warnings followed with a buy me come on.

Then when you Google for an "EAAntivirus" buster guess which one gets the first nearly full page on the search; you've got it. Spy Hunter.

You shell out the money; it does its search and "destroy". ONLY when you re-boot you've still got EAAntivirus, and also guess what?? Spy Hunter will now tell you that the Trojan is no longer present.

End result. Reformat C:; loose a lot of data and a day reloading XP, plus $US 29.

I've also seen some reoprts that Spy Hunter will try and get at you in the future by extracting $$$ from your bank card without your approval.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!

• Vi
      15th of Jul, 2008

I have just discovered that £57.22 has been taken from my account by DRI Spyware and I didnt download anything as i have protection already...my bank is looking into it. This is outrageous. So have no idea how they did it but everyone should be warned.

• Ka
      8th of Aug, 2008

I have also just discovered that Dri Spyware has taken a yearly fee from my account for $29.95 since 2006. If you call Dri.pctools and ask, a British guy will tell you to contact an 800 number and you have to dispute the claim!

• In
      3rd of Feb, 2010

Yikes, Kate! I've heard the same complaints again and again.

If you feel like you've been wronged by Enigma Software, shoot me an email at:

IndiaJVillarreal@nym.hush.com

• Ze
      9th of Nov, 2010

I got in trouble the same, I paid it and I got nothing, and I found after 3 months they took my money £31 from my same detail card without approval. !!! I contract a bank to cancel it!! I think that i should cancel this card number otherwise they will steal my money in the furture by chance again !!!

• Lo
      8th of Feb, 2012

I have had the same trouble l downloaded it approx a year ago and received nothing. I thought that i would just wear it as a bad loss but once again a year later they have taken more money off my credit card, l have now had to cancel the credit card to stop them and have tried to contact them to let them know l now longer want to be part of there scam. Please everyone make sure you cancel the cards otherwise you may be like me and continue to see the charge occur