Dreams / broken bed

1 Winchester, England, Hampshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

Bought a bed from dreams for my daughter. On the second day after receipt I lent over to make the bed which duly collapted totally broken. the base was all in pieces. I phoned the shop but no good - must ring customer services. They sent an inspector who said nothing other than customer services will phone you. I certainly do not want a replacement just my money back for a very poor product. I am now told they don't refund money and they have the right to either repair the bed or replace it. It's all in our 'Terms and Conditions' was their answer to my demand for a refund.
I don't want a bed that is 'NOT FIT FOR PUR[POSE' and I am amazed that the law doed not uphold this but lets Dreams get away with it flouting the law of the land. They are a disgraceful company and NO ONE SHOULD EVER BE ALLOWED IN THEIR SELl SELL SELL shops.

Comments

• Dr
      12th of Apr, 2011

I wish I had read this before buying a bed from Dreams. The bed broke within a week and 2 and a half months later we are still waiting for a replacement. We are now on our fourth promised delivery date but I have no confidence it will turn up this time either. The customer service personnel are liars and barely literate at best. They tell you whatever they have to to get you off the phone. The manager of the store is also a liar and a creep who never does what he says he will do. The bed is still broken and the mattress is on the floor as there is no other way to sleep on it. This bed cos well over £800 and we are left wondering what on earth we will do. I guess because they are so bad at what they do another complaint is just that and they could not care less. The bed must have been broken when we got it and is definitely not fit for purpose. Do NOT buy a bed from these charlatans. They are cowboys and sell badly manufactured dud beds. And really do NOT pay for the insurance as it is nothing but a joke and a rip off. AVOID DREAMS AT ALL COSTS!!!

• Ta
      28th of Jun, 2012

Well i really do wish i had read up on these statements before i went and bought a bed from this shop. a brand new bed been used 3 months and broken the legs broke off which caused the whole frame to bow and bend un fit for anything. took one of the broke parts to the shop to be told what do you want us to do. so i left very annoyed rang customer servies to be told 4 different things every time i ring and compeletly different to what the shop say. since then the shop have lost the broken part. the shop manager is a rude slib who has never got off his ### in all the times i went in to the shop. now after 5 weeks of fighting and waiting for collections and taking unpaid days off work to wait all day i have now taken the broken bed to the shop and been told i will get a refund when they are ready. i might as well have just sat and burnt my money as in the meantime we have had to buy a new one.
    I WOULD NEVER TOUCH THIS COMPANY AGAIN AND MY ADVISE TO ANYONE IS AVOID