Domex UK / Slow, non responsive, lazy and unreliable repair engineers

We are a professional couple with very busy working and traveling schedules. Our Bosh dishwasher broke down and we found hard to arrange a repair visit by calling the regular Bosh assistance. We therefore decided to search online and found on google a service called: www.domex-uk.co.uk, which promises to repair dishwasher for GBP70. THe website is very easy to use and the forms are very easy to compile. Users give their names and address, chose a time slot and a day and shortly after submitting their requests, they receive a phone call confirming the time. The problem starts when the call center communicates with the repair engineers. They are slow, non responsive, lazy and unreliable. We have arranged our first appointment three weeks ago and our dishwasher has not been yet repair. To be fair, an engineer showed up two weeks ago, did not fix it, but asked for GBP35 just for showing up. Now they seem lost. I wonder, if I can get a refund.

In

Comments

• Er
      6th of Jun, 2016

I had the same issue with this company as well. Manage to get a engineer out after a week it was no point him turning up. Totally clueless wanted payment for so called consultation or estimate fee. Showed him the door. got another company out who fixed problem in no time. As for their customer service the reason why it's rubbish is because you are speaking to a call centre in Bulgaria.

• Me
      3rd of Sep, 2017

Worst company ever engineers cannot even speak english. Guy did not have a clue how to fix our american refrigerator instead told us a pack of lies that it had a gas leak and could not be repaired. A local engineer fixed the problem in no time which was not a gas leak. They replaced a drain heater.
    Check this company out and ask question do not hand over any money. Also their reviews are fake mainly on a paid for reviews site reviews.co.uk. As soon as a bad review is posted it is push down by loads of so called good ones. A pack of lies.

• Hi
      7th of Sep, 2018

Be careful when taking a plan out that states they will replace your item if it cannot be fixed.

I took out a plan on the 5th of Sept 2018 and today 7th of Aug 2018 after 3 visits and every visit a new part installed in my fridge, they decided to cancel my cover and not give me a replacement.

Visit 1. 15/08/2018 Change of display (also found motherboard on fridge to be faulty)
    Visit 2. 25/08/2018 change the motherboard.
    Visit 3 05/09/2018 still not working and checked for leaks or top up
    refrigerant - Engineer found no leaks, however he noticed the compressor was running at 80c

Engineer stated "i will order a new compressor and this will sort it out as we have changed all the parts now this will fix it"
    I was expecting a call back from Domex and did not get one so decided to call them myself as i have been without a fridge for 6 weeks.

I get told as the fridge was not repaired on the first visit we are canceling your plan, which is not stated on the T&Cs

I asked the call handler where this is stated on my policy and all he could say is, "it is somewhere".

When i asked why it was canceled i get told as the fridge has a leak it cannot be repaired and this is why we are canceling your policy.

So another lie! the engineer confirmed it was simply a case of a new compressor as he cannot find a leak!

What does Domex decide to do? they change the report so that the policy would not be claimed against.

I am now going to contact a independent repairer and get a report and take this to court! sick of these big companies trying to find any excuse to not pay out. Lies lies lies.

Lucky for me this fridge has never had a leak repair, so it will not be hard to prove.