Dollar Rent A Car / improper charge
6/25/2014 to 7/02/2014 I rented a car from Dollar Rent a Car (Rental Agreement #1J0237112) from the Providence airport (where I flew in and out of) to visit my sick mother in Groton, CT. A few weeks after the trip I receive a notice in the mail (Notice #[protected]) from a sub-division or agency Dollar sub-contracts tickets/tolls issues with (Dollar Processing Services) whereby the notice accused me of going thru a pay-toll in Chicopee, MA (near Springfield) and that since I did not rent the Dollar transponder I was being penalized the toll of $3.85 and a $15.00 administration fee.
The issue I have with this is I was nowhere near Chicopee, MA during my trip and I have not been in that area for years so the alleged toll charge at Chicopee, MA is erroneous and not valid. I have contacted Dollar, the agency citing me, and MA DOT in an effort to nullify this notice/charge and I have asked for pictures showing the license plate and vehicle associated with this toll charge... to date I have not received a reply and it feels like a "hung jury" as there is no evidence and only a false charge.
At this time I am not sure if this was just an honest error or is it some sort of a scam done by the car rental companies... I would like to know how many other people have had similar issues.
More Dollar Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews
- Dollar Rent A Car - fraudulent unethical toll charges 
- Dollar Rent A Car - tricked into extra charges 
- Dollar Rent A Car - car rental extras 
- Dollar Rent A Car - ldw scam 
- Dollar Rent A Car - horrible customer treatment 
- Dollar Rent A Car - coupons promised after poor service but none received
- Dollar Rent A Car - overcharged
- Dollar Rent A Car - unethical / business practices 
- Dollar Rent A Car - was charged $431.84 for car ins. I did not require 
- Dollar Rent A Car - agregious fees