Dollar Rent A Car / improper charge

Providence, United States

6/25/2014 to 7/02/2014 I rented a car from Dollar Rent a Car (Rental Agreement #1J0237112) from the Providence airport (where I flew in and out of) to visit my sick mother in Groton, CT. A few weeks after the trip I receive a notice in the mail (Notice #[protected]) from a sub-division or agency Dollar sub-contracts tickets/tolls issues with (Dollar Processing Services) whereby the notice accused me of going thru a pay-toll in Chicopee, MA (near Springfield) and that since I did not rent the Dollar transponder I was being penalized the toll of $3.85 and a $15.00 administration fee.

The issue I have with this is I was nowhere near Chicopee, MA during my trip and I have not been in that area for years so the alleged toll charge at Chicopee, MA is erroneous and not valid. I have contacted Dollar, the agency citing me, and MA DOT in an effort to nullify this notice/charge and I have asked for pictures showing the license plate and vehicle associated with this toll charge... to date I have not received a reply and it feels like a "hung jury" as there is no evidence and only a false charge.

At this time I am not sure if this was just an honest error or is it some sort of a scam done by the car rental companies... I would like to know how many other people have had similar issues.

Te