Dollar Rent A Car — car rental extras
I had a reservation for a compact at Dollar Rent A Car. The reservation was #[protected]. The reservation was done and paid to RentalCars.
I had many problems when I went to Atlanta Int. Airport to get the car. They didn't have any compacts available at that moment so they forced me to accept a larger car under the arguments that the compact I had a reservation was too small and the bags I had (one bag) would not fit the car and there were many 8-wheeler cars on the roads. No matter what I said, the assistant kept forcing me to accept a larger car. In the end, I just accepted that because of his insistence.
But the problem didn’t stop there. He said I didn’t have full insurance. I told him my insurance was full and he said I would have to pay for total insurance, which was not true, because I had already paid for that.
He also said I would have to pay for the tolls in Florida, since I was going to Florida. He said I would have to pay for fines if I didn’t accept the insurance. And it was a lie! I would never be fined if I just paid for the tolls on toll sites.
The total of the pre-paid rental was about US$ 280. The total of extras I had to pay was US$ 453.40.
I left Atlanta and drove to Orlando. The same day I contacted RentalCars about all the extras (RoadSafe, PPP, APCONRGFee, and the tolls). I was informed I had to wait until returning the car in order to have my complaint processed.
I returned the car, contacted RentalCars and they just told me they could not do anything for me.
Dollar Rent A Car was also contacted. It’s been weeks since the due time for them to reply has passed. I even contacted them a second time and they haven’t made any contact.
All I want is for them to cancel all the extras and refund me.
Marcos Evandro Cintra
More Dollar Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews
- Dollar Rent A Car - fraudulent unethical toll charges 
- Dollar Rent A Car - tricked into extra charges 
- Dollar Rent A Car - ldw scam 
- Dollar Rent A Car - horrible customer treatment 
- Dollar Rent A Car - damage claim
- Dollar Rent A Car - coupons promised after poor service but none received
- Dollar Rent A Car - overcharged 
- Dollar Rent A Car - unethical / business practices 
- Dollar Rent A Car - was charged $431.84 for car ins. I did not require 
- Dollar Rent A Car - agregious fees