Diversified Collection Services / harassing misleading phone calls

1 NY, United States Review updated:

April from this company just called and didn't tell us who she was where she was calling from. She said she wanted a personal reference. This company has v=called many times before trying to locate a woman who worked for us 15 years ago! Philip Herman apparently was given as a reference at some point.
The whereabouts of Brigitte Antonocci from 15 years ago is not known to us any longer.
I want them prosecuted by law if they harrass us again!

Comments

27th of May, 2009

I had got carjacked and My T-Mobile phone was stolen as well.Somehow these thieves racked up a 980.00 bill!They finally after 3 nasty reps told me if I send them proof they would take it off!They'd better!!!I'll help anyone I can if they do ...I have to get back with T-Mobile!They're great!Diversified better not have lied to me...be back with the news...good or bad!

• Su
      2nd of Jun, 2009

Roberta Herman, I have news for you:

BY LAW a debt collector cannot identify themselves as a debt collector to anyone other than the person who owes the debt. They have every legal right to skip-trace. If at some point you were a reference, they have the right to use it to track the debtor down. Unless they are repeatedly calling, there is nothing you can do.

sadincalifornia, this is for you:

That's a pretty big bill...did you not contact TMobile to have the phone shut off once it was stolen? You don't state how long it was between the time you were "carjacked" and the time you were contacted by DCS. TMobile generally doesn't send an account to collection until it is 90 days past due (so you would have had 3 months to dispute it with them), and collectors generally send a written notice giving a 30-day dispute period before collection activities begin. Hmmmm... By the way, if you DID receive a writen notice from DCS prior to them calling, you only have 30 days to send a written dispute. After that, legally the debt is yours and there is nothing you can do about it. And DCS has every legal right to do whatever is necessary to collect.

Sorry folks. You have rights. But so do we.

• Dc
      17th of Dec, 2009

DIVERSIFIED COLLECTION SERVICES IS AN ABUSIVE SCAM COMPANY. They contacted me about an overdue student loan. Jen Decker told me my paycheck would be garnished this week unless I joined a repayment option/opportunity. I wanted to pay the loan more than I wanted my check garnished so I gave them allot of personal contact information. At the end of the call I was told they needed a $400 "deposit" to gain acceptance. The company that they say they got my loan from isn't correct and doesn't appear on google anywhere. When I asked for them to put the agreement in writing and I would sign and return it with a check they said they wouldn't mail a letter (even after stating they have made several attempts to mail me one, lie) and needed my checking account #. This loan has been in default for years. My address and phone # have not changed for 10 years. They said they got the loan a year ago but couldn't contact me. When I spoke with the manager HAILEY PERRY she told me she would not give me the contact information of the co. they got the loan from and urged me to give her my checking account # to be approved tonight or have my check garnished tomorrow. I told her I would contact the attorney general and the loan originator and get back to her. She was not happy, was harassing and abusive over the phone demanding my credit card or checking acct. # This is a nasty unethical business at best and should be avoided by all business and personal interests. Their phone # is 866-229-2303