Dish TV India / Non transmission of free channels!

1 India Review updated:

I would like to bring to the kind notice of the board that I have purchased dish t.v. about one and half years back by paying Rs.3990/ and opted for Z TV package. From 20th June 07 suddenly telecast of all the channels stopped without any information. I immediately contacted the dishtv, they informed me to pay Rs 600/ for telecast of Free to Air channels. I told them that free to air channels are free and why are you asking money they responded very badly and told me that our policy is being changed. Since I can not see free to air channels Dish TV STB and antenna , I made request to take back STB and antenna and refund my money Rs 2499/- as given in writing by Dish TV to refund when ever we want to surrender after five years. Since the services are very poor and asking money for free to air channels I want to surrender it immediately. They have told me that they will not refund the money even after five years. For me STB and antenna is a waste. Can any one help me to suggest , how to stop the cheating activities of Dish TV in India?? How to complain to government of India for charging the money for free to air channels?

Comments

Su
  8th of May, 2007
Dish TV India - Most shoddy after sales service!
India

My dish Tv is not working for past three days. The complaint was lodged vide comp. no. 6611402. The co. has not responded back despite my repeated calls to the company and the dealer. This is height of poor service... The co. can win an award in this category... Most Shoddy after sales service.

Di
  18th of Jul, 2007

Dear Mr. Sharma,

Hope your problem has been resolved now, keep up your happy experience with dish tv and we will hope for live up to your expectation. Happy watching dishtv.

For further queries feel free to contact us:
Cust. Care No: 18601803474 , 01204443474
website: www.dishtvindis.in
mailid: customercare@dishtv.in

Mo
  5th of Oct, 2007
Dish TV India - The monopoly of DISH TV India must be stopped!
India

I renewed the package to include SUN packages. I paid the entire amount for the Maxi package even after receiving the money they simply dont activate SUN Packages. The Monopoly of DISH TV India must be stopped.

Ar
  8th of Oct, 2007

Dear Mr. Farooq,

I have also paid money through ITZ Card for activation of sun package and called up customer care and to my surprise it was activated in 5 min only. That might be the case with you.. I think you need to call customer care and told them the details of your payments for sun package and request them for activation it will take only 5-10 min to activate that.

Vi
  2nd of Nov, 2007

I am totally dis-satisfied with the services provided by dish TV.
Till the time it was installed there is problem in the network and despite repeated calls from the last 8 days, no action has been taken so far. SO this may b a WARNING for those who are planning to buy a dist TV in near future.

Ha
  2nd of Nov, 2007

Dear Vikas,

I understand, but that might be the case with you, as i am using dishtv since jan'06 and till now i haven't face any problem in it, some times only a few problem regarding payment renewal but that is resolved once i called up customer care rest every thing is fine for me.

Mu
  1st of Mar, 2008

I would like to bring to the kind notice of the board that I have purchased dish t.v. about 6 months back by paying Rs.4200/ and opted for Z TV package. From 20th Jan 08 suddenly telecast of all the channels stopped without any information. I immediately contacted the dishtv, they informed me to pay Rs 100/ for telecast of Free to Air channels. I told them that free to air channels are free and why are you asking money they responded very badly and told me that our policy is being changed. Since I can not see free to air channels Dish TV STB and antenna , I made request to take back STB and antenna and refund my money Rs 2499/- Since the services are very poor and asking money for free to air channels I want to surrender it immediately. Can any one help me to suggest , how to stop the cheating activities of Dish TV in India?? How to complain to government of India for charging the money for free to air channels?

Nc
  16th of Aug, 2008

Last year in March, I purchased DiSH TV antenna and setup box (VC number: 01504284679#8 ), with 6 months' Maxi offer.
After 6 months I was able to see the free-to-air channels at no extra cost, as the distributor promised me for free-to-air channels at no extra cost. Last 2-3 months it was stopped showing the free-to-air channels. When I asked the dish tv distributor here, they ask for rent for free-channels too. As per your regulations and India Govt. regulation, one should not charge additonal cost for free-to-air channel.

Could you please look into the matter so that we get free-to-air channel at no extra cost. My VC number: 01504284679#8.

Ga
  30th of Oct, 2008

my dishtv show, unable to locate signal if the problem persists please

15th of Mar, 2009

no waching free chennels

15th of Mar, 2009

Last 2-3 months it was stopped showing theasked the dish tv distributor here, they ask for rent for free-channels too. As per your regulations and India Govt. regulation, one should not charge additonal cost for free-to-air channel.
free-to-air channels

As
  21st of Apr, 2009

On my opinion TATA Sky is best than Dish TV.

I think we will go to jhingalala.

Am
  1st of May, 2009

Dishtv is way better then Tata sky;

1. Dishtv has maximum number of channels 240 in total.
2. Very economical packages as compared with tata sky.
3. Very economical offers.
4. Good after sales service.
5. Economical and More number of ala-carte packs and gives you a freedom to choose and pay for what you watch.
6. Very good Active Services: Like Active ICICI AND bHAKTI aCTIVE.
7. More games for children to enjoy at free of cost. where as active services are paid in tatasky.

Su
  22nd of Jun, 2009

we have installed dishtv in 2006 while installing agent told even u dont pay for pay channels you will get free to air channels. we viewed for 1 yr and closed...

From andhrapradesh, west godavari..

Sh
  22nd of Jan, 2010

...Does Dish tv Provide any International Urdu and Islamic Channel On Dish tv.
I Want See Islamic Channels Like Peace Tv and Islam Tv and other Urdu and Isalmic Channel On Dish Tv...

Kindly Informed Me If u Launched These Channels on Dish tv...
Thanks

Sh
  22nd of Jan, 2010

Any body know how to access free to air channels on dishtv set top box without recharging .

my email is -------shaikhakbar123@gmail.com------

Kg
  7th of Jun, 2011
Dish TV India - TRANSFER OF ERRONEOUSE RECHARGED AMOUNT TO ANOTHER V.C.NUMBER
DISH TV INDIA
kgracekumarbasu6@gmail.com

A SUM OF RUPEES 600.00(SIX HUNDRED) WAS ERRONEOUSLY RECHARGED TO V.C.NO 01509644795 ON 04/06/2011 AT 07.18A.M . VIDE TRANSACTION ID RI-102419-28869070 . REQUEST THE ABOVE AMOUNT MAY BE TRANSFERED TO MY CORRECT V.C NO 01511334046 AT THE EARLIEST .

Ku
  9th of Apr, 2012

A SUM OF RUPEES 480.00(four hundred and eighty ) WAS ERRONEOUSLY RECHARGED TO V.C.NO 02084848085 ON 09/04/2012 AT 04.07.33.pm . VIDE TRANSACTION ID PMGW 00127541284 . REQUEST THE ABOVE AMOUNT MAY BE TRANSFERED TO MY CORRECT V.C NO 02084848045 AT THE EARLIEST .

Du
  21st of Feb, 2015

my account is expire on 23/01/2015 till the time i got all the channels nd service now 21/02/2015 i recharge my account then i turn on my tv then its shows 102 nd 301 nd 303 Errors then i called thrice to customer people they said its error with box they will send the technician to my place nd i need to pay the charges. how come it get problem before the time it work properly now it has problem this is look like getting money from customers not give good service this all fraud going on i want complain on Govt.
i dont want to pay single ruppe its not my fault or tv fault its prob with dish tv so they bare the charges

yerraji