Dish Network / fraudulent charges made by dish

May 14, 2015
Fort Worth
Phone: 8176839818
First off, I have never spoken with people who know less about the job they are doing than those at Dish Network. In addition to being ignorant on how to help their customers; they are crooks. They charge for services and equipment that you do not have and have no way of knowing how ( or make the choice to play dumb) to fix it once you catch them in lies. I absolutely tell everyone I know to stay far away from these scandals unless you want to get burned. I will crusade against this company until my last breath so others do not have to go through the frustrations and fraud recovery that I have.

N  4th of Oct, 2007 by

Dish Network - Internet installation problems

I too am having problems getting a technician to come install my Satellite internet. All the same problems, No-shows, no call backs and lost time and money.
N  27th of Dec, 2007 by

Dish Network - Company would not reimburse my credit!

Company would not reimburse me a credit fo $68. I have called 5 times and requested the credit but no credit has ever been issued. All callers state processing check but never comes. I will not be put through to a manager and i get hung up on when i call.
N  11th of Jan, 2008 by
I only installed Dish network a week ago and have had a lot of problems. Was told I would get some regional sports networks but they didn't come in so I called, spent 10 hours + on phone with different technical support people, everyone kept saying I should get these channels, restarting, unplugging and having both my land line and my cell phone batteries die out while I was on one of the multiple holds.. finally I was told that I don't get ANY regional sports network.

Why couldn't the first person tell me that? Finally I spoke to a supervisor and downgraded my package since I only upgraded to get these channels. This was 2 days after it was installed and low and behold I get my bill and it still has the more expensive package.

Oh and I'm being charged 10 bucks a month for programming access fee because the guy didn't hook up my phone line and told me to get a wireless phone sender, which would have cost over $100. I installed the phone lines myself and told dish this, but again, still showed up on my first bill.

There customer service is terrible, but after all this, I am using their on line chat because at least this way I can copy down everything they have been telling me. Every time I call in, it's a different person with different information.

I feel cheated and would return to cable had I not already switched my internet service from cable to DSL already... Guess who is NOT going to continue with their service after 18 months!
N  15th of Jan, 2008 by

Dish Network - Refunds not paid!
New Mexico

Just suffice to say these fraudsters should be sued to the full extent of the law. The BBB has looked at our case(among hundreds of others) dish accepted their approach and promised to repay us... they have started to do that but some of the fraudulent charges they made have been omitted and I cannot get then to answer my complaint.

N  13th of Mar, 2008 by

Dish Network - Refund on equipment!
New York
Phone: 888-825-2557

I called Dish network last month to cancel my service. I was told the equipment was mine to keep. Then recently they took $700.00 out of my checking account for the equipment. I immediately send the equipment back 2-3 weeks ago and i still have not gotten a refund. Plus I have had checks bounce and I have been assessed NSF fees because of the money being taken from me.
N  24th of Apr, 2008 by
I relocated from Cali to Atl. Dish did not tell me to take the satellites off the old house for the new one. An independent contractor wanted 350.00 to install the wild blue service. I decided to close the account dish debited my credit card 600.00 for equip. 350 for closing the contract. I mailed the equipment back in 11/07 but they charged me again 300 and sent this to a collection. I am stuck with paying or lose 40 pts on my credit score. I hope they go bankrupt for the poor service they provide consumers.
N  20th of May, 2008 by

Dish Network - Overcharges, etc.
Phone: 1 888333 9045

This company is horrible... they charged me a restart fee when i never even had my dish turned off.i also got over charged for the package. I can never watch tv half the times cause of the fact there reception sucks... i have had nothing but stress since i went with them... i want them gone i don't want the service no more. I want to be realized from the the contract... they lie and are rude and childish down their...
N  18th of Jul, 2008 by
After receiving a very attractive marketing call from a DN authorized dealer, I chose to set up their service instead of my cable service at my new address. I chose a Monday AM appointment to avoid some of the delays associated with appointments later in the day that can occur. The appointment period came and went (8-12). No courtesy call, nothing. I called DN customer no-service and asked what the story was. Not only could the CSR not speak clear English, they were very curt and demeaning. The CSR suggested that the Tech had already been by the house and that no one answered. No door tag--nothing. The CSR described my house and car accurately, leaving me to believe the Tech drove by and was too eager to go to lunch or the next appt. and skipped me! I was furious and couldn't believe what I was hearing! At least with my Cable Co. they tell me upfront in English they simply won't make the appointment or will be 2 hours late. Ridiculous.
N  23rd of Jul, 2008 by
I was told that the internet service, provided in conjunction with DISH called WildBlu, was as fast as Comcast. It is barely as fast as dial-up. This represents a major degree of loss of service in spite of being assured that it was as fast as Comcast. I complained that I was given false information. Dish and Wildblu refuse to do anything to compensate for this lie.
N  14th of Sep, 2008 by

Dish Network - Scam and fraud
Dish Network

Horrible Customer Service Rep!

for the full story.
A  5th of Oct, 2008 by
The first time I cancelled Dish I never got my refund. So, I challenged the charge on my credit card and the dispute person was astounded to see Dish come back validating all my claims and still refusing to accept my refund!!! My cancellation dates correlated with thiers so there was no dispute as to the facts. They were trying to charge me for services not rendered...we finally got it resolved but not until many phone calls to thier useless CSRs by both myself and Chase.

I am now a very satisfied Directv customer.
N  14th of Oct, 2008 by

Dish Network - Was charged $10 per month for non hook up of telephone line to TV
Dish network

I have been Charged $10 per month
for 2 years now for refusing to hook up telephone lines to two TV's. I feel this charge is fraudulent and they owe this money back .
Has anyone else out there had this same problem?
N  27th of Oct, 2008 by
On the 15th of Oct I received a call From Dish Network 1(866) 465-7883. I answered "hello" I was immediately hung up on. A few minutes later I received a another call from 1(866) 465-7883 Dish Network I answered "hello" and was immediately hung up on again! A few minutes later the phone rang again and it was Dish Network again this time I answered in Spanish and guess what they didn't hang up. I asked to speak to a supervisor so that I could get my phone number taken off the calling list. The man was cordial but not very efficient because guess what happened on the 16th Oct I received at least 2 more calls and was hung up on when I answered "hello". After speaking to a supervisor again for the second time in two days who assured me he would talk to his people about hanging up when someone answers in English. today as I sat down to contact Dish Network Directly All I got was a 1800 number where when I ask to speak to a Supervisor they ask Why. When I inform the individual who answers the phone he immediately states it will be at least 30 days for you to be taken off the caller list.Thats when I state thats exactly why I would like to speak to a supervisor, he states there going to tell you the same thing. I guess he didn't like me telling him he wasn't helping me so he placed me on hold for 10 minutes.Oh by the way guess what happened as I was looking for a direct number to Dish Network? you guessed right I got a call from 1(800) 465-7883 Dish Network I answered "hello" and was immediately hung up on. Not more than 1 minute later again they call this time I answer in Spanish an lo an behold they don't hang up. I explain to the the man at the other end that I have talked to someone that from this phone number and requested to be taken off the phone list. I stated to the man why. At this point I am glad the man heard me out even thou I don't think It will stop the calls.

the facts I spoke with a supervisor he either didn't care or he is not effective. Shame on Dish Network.

I tried to contact a supervisor at Dish Network couldn't get one or the phone person could care about whats important to a non customer. He gave the regulations without truly caring about why I was calling. Shame on Dish Network. The sad truth is this is bigger than the line employees that answer the phones the decision to cold call a phone number with a Spanish surname using people that don't speak English (or limited) is a bad practice especially if no one at the phone number called speaks Spanish.( and then your employee's are going to hang up because they can't reciprocate in English). I believe corporation have a responsibility to consumer that they market too. Specifically not to assume that just because someone has a Spanish that they speak Spanish.

I am 4th generation American I learned to speak Spanish at 23 years of age out of necessity. I fought For this country and earned two Purple Hearts in the service of this country. I think I've earned the right to be treated like an American, and not like a third world immigrant who just crossed over. Dish network What are you assuming of me, or my Spanish surname?
N  31st of Oct, 2008 by

Dish Network - Unfair business practice
9601 S. Meridian Blvd

I had problems with customer service, and I canceled my account. When I returned the receivers by mistake I placed also my DVD player in the box. They received everything and now they do not want to return the DVD player back. The reason is: Because I canceled my account. It is abusive and illegal.

This in unfair business.
N  10th of Dec, 2008 by
I followed the instruction to mail back their receiver with their ups box.they told me that i will receive my remained money after they received receiver. 3 months over, i called 8003333474, their computer system remember my phone no. i called more than one hour through new service, the guy handed up me right way, i realized my phone no. is in their blocked name, so does not matter how hard i try to speak their rep. answer machine is always on.

Sounds like my money will never be back to me, after i sent receiver, i never receive any close account bill at all, i have no idea and no crew what they want to do to me.
N  12th of Jan, 2009 by

Dish Network - upgrade fee
1579 S. Iris ave
Bloomington CA
Phone: 909-877-5743

I'm upgrading to HD TV from regular through their add. Now they are going to charge me $50 for this. It should be free of charge since I'm upgrading, they're already charging me more for changing my receiver to HD. I payed installation charges when I first signed up with them. Direct TV will sign me up for free, to sign up with them.
A  23rd of Jan, 2009 by
I have been billed for HBO, when I did not order it. They said it was free for 3 months, then if I did not call it would be dropped. Well, they have been charging me for it and I just caught the mistake. I have now been on hold for 20 min + they have been rude and not very helpful at all.
They say so far they are only willing to take off 1 month charges.
Still on hold for a supervisor. I may just cancel my service all together due to this.
N  30th of Jan, 2009 by
Read the FAQ on their website - it's there... Just connect it so they can verify if you have or have not ordered pay-per-view movies.

Your system can not communicate via satellite back to them so they use your phone line to dial in - usually at night. If you have ordered a PPV movie, they only way they would know to charge you is to have your receiver hooked up to a phone line.

You can only order so many movies (probably no more than 5) before the system insists you hook it up.

They will reverse the payment only on the last bill - not your entire history.

Is it fraudulent? No, not if it is in their agreement when you sign up. If you didn't read it before you signed it then it's your fault, not theirs.

I now read EVERYTHING before I sign anything.

Good luck
N  27th of Mar, 2009 by
There has been a black box in the middle of the TV screen from approximately the middle of the screen to all the way down to the bottom for the past 6 weeks. I have called and called, and they blame it on channel 7, the weather, the TV, the reciever, and anything they can without trying to help me fix it at all! I have been a loyal DISH customer for years and they are rude and unprofessional, and NOT HELPFUL at all (when I can understand what they're even saying!). The minute Direct TV, cable, or anything else is available to me - I AM SWITCHING OVER. I hate DISH and the lousy customer service. Can anyone tell me what to do about this? This is a new TV and worked fine before...
N  14th of Apr, 2009 by

Dish Network - Sales
Phone: 818-870-8555

Sales person called and was so rude and told swore at us and hung up. He is the one who called us. This company represented itself as Dish Network but is not.

Does anyone know what company it is in Winneta CA?? I need to call them back and want to file a complaint.

DISH Network / DISH.com Logo DISH Network / DISH.com