Discovery Insure / rental vehicle not made available

1 South Africa

Our Bakkie was stolen on 18 January 2019. Recovered by the police 19 January 2019. We informed Discovery that they need to collect the bakkie from Police pound 21 January 2019, all the documents was sent to the relevant claims person Vusi handling our claim at that time. It took them a week to collect our vehicle. Then another week to get an assessment on damages. I informed them from the 21st that we have a weekend away booked with our caravan and I will need a towing vehicle for the weekend of the 8-10 February if our bakkie is not ready yet. I was informed that this will not be a problem as we have cover for 30 days for a rental vehicle on our policy. Then come last week Friday and I started to enquire about my rental vehicle for the trip I got told that I can only have a polo hatch back as this was specified on my policy. I have explained in detail to them that I do not intend to use this vehicle for 30 days as stipulated I am entitled to have I only need it for 3 days max. I explained a polo will be around R550 p/d, A towing vehicle will be around R1200 p/d. R550 x 30 days = R16500 that they are willing to spend on me and this was approved. GP553767 AVIS. I only needed a vehicle for 3 days R3600.00, thus a saving to Discovery Insure R12900 but they are not willing to accommodate their client. I even asked to speak to Adrian Gore, that was bluntly refused as he does not speak to the public apparently. I am paying my premiums every single month without delay, without kibbling about it, but when we ask them for help we are bluntly refused.So with this claim we did not get a rental car at all to date. They are saving R16500 by not providing us with a rental vehicle and not willing to help their client in desperate need. I am now losing my accommodation money already paid last year October and I have a family and bunch of friends that are inconvenienced through this due to us not attending the weekend. How can they just be so blunt to their clients needs, they are not even willing to take our case into consideration even if it saves them money.

Cl