Direct TV / billig ripoff

1 Los Angeles, CA, United States

Today, July 16Th, I paid a $89 DirecTV for service from June 9-July16. On June 9 I paid the account in full in order to suspend service (suspend confirmation # 17FEC8EZ) while I am traveling outside the U.S.A. If I had not paid that amount to suspend the service today it would have continued to transmit until labeled past due and terminated for nonpayment. That date for disconnect would have been August 29, 2008 bringing the amount due to over $200. Then then $200 plus would have been taken without authorization from my credit card account, as they have that capability. I explained that I was making payment under duress to the customer service supervisor. He realizing my position explained to me (while I recorded the conversation with his approval) that the automated system is not a 100% problem free system. That I should not trust the automated system and the only guarantee of a suspend being completed was a confirmation email; something that is not automatic but requires a request from the customer. I am asking other recipients of extortion and theft by misrepresentation to join a class action law suit. Additionally I am asking for help in finding an attorney to represent us. The location of my DirecTV service is Texas.

Do