Direct General Auto Insurance — no valid insurance?!
My husband and I were just pulled over by a county policeman for...NO VALID INSURANCE!?!
We were so puzzled as to why we were being pulled over that it simply didn't register. We showed the officer our renewal. He needed something verifying coverage within the past 30 days as the documentation did not show. It just so happens that we pay the premiums over the phone and receive a receipt in the mail. We did not have the receipt in the dash and so the officer needed to call Direct.
The officer dialed ALL of the numbers in the binder and all of the numbers said the same. The offices were CLOSED. There was absolutely NO ONE to confirm that we had valid insurance.
I searched through my Blackberry and found a confirmation # and date of last payment.
The officer said that he believed my husband and I WERE telling the TRUTH. We are eternally grateful because if said officer wanted to be technical; my husband would be under arrest, the car impounded, and I'd be dialing the Blackberry trying to get out of a totally unecessary mess!
I've been trying to contact Direct to no avail. I received no help from Roadside Assistance regarding this matter; however, I will find resolution and compensation of some sort.
My next complaint is to the Georgia Insurance Commissioner's office.
More Direct General Auto Insurance Complaints & Reviews
- Direct General Auto Insurance - customer dis satisfied of insurance coverage not legit 
- Direct General - non payment of stolen recovered totaled vehicle 
- Direct General - claims 
- Direct General - nonpayment 
- Direct General Auto Insurance - bad company and terrible customer service 
- Direct General - non payment
- Direct Auto Insurance - extra money taken without permission or reasoning. 
- Direct General - my hurricane irma damage claim 
- Direct General Auto Insurance - i'm suing this company 
- Direct General - my insurance claim