Direct General Auto Insuranceno valid insurance?!

My husband and I were just pulled over by a county policeman for...NO VALID INSURANCE!?!

We were so puzzled as to why we were being pulled over that it simply didn't register. We showed the officer our renewal. He needed something verifying coverage within the past 30 days as the documentation did not show. It just so happens that we pay the premiums over the phone and receive a receipt in the mail. We did not have the receipt in the dash and so the officer needed to call Direct.

The officer dialed ALL of the numbers in the binder and all of the numbers said the same. The offices were CLOSED. There was absolutely NO ONE to confirm that we had valid insurance.
I searched through my Blackberry and found a confirmation # and date of last payment.

The officer said that he believed my husband and I WERE telling the TRUTH. We are eternally grateful because if said officer wanted to be technical; my husband would be under arrest, the car impounded, and I'd be dialing the Blackberry trying to get out of a totally unecessary mess!

I've been trying to contact Direct to no avail. I received no help from Roadside Assistance regarding this matter; however, I will find resolution and compensation of some sort.

My next complaint is to the Georgia Insurance Commissioner's office.

Comments

• Ar
      Jul 22, 2018

Attn: For all the ones that has been wronged via Direct General. Good news; you may have up to five, yes 5 years to get your claims heard.
    1st. Contact your local city small claims office, to file a small claims suit to get the ball rolling.
    2nd. Let them know, we the people are no longer taking their crap. All insurance companies: Delay, Denie and Defend, it’s their golden rule. Bottom line until we the people stand up and speak up, hold them accountable, Direct General will continue to do what they do best. Bleed us out of our money that lawfully ours on our claims.
    3. Once you file the simple start forward small claims complaint, pay the small fees, serve it upon them. Good thing is, the major big shot lawyers that defend them are not allowed in small claims court. That's right, it’s you against them and a fair Judge that is there to listen to what you have to say.
    4. Make sure the court clerk’s office have your correct contact information:
    cell number, home or business address. Once you file your claim in small claims court, make sure you ask for a court date. The courts normally will assign you one once the case is assigned to a judge. But you can also ask for one. Most times; the clerks can tell you when your court date is and whom the judge is assigned to hear your matter.
    The cost to file a small claims court action is very small considering your amounts your owed and may be awarded.
    Be sure to not miss your court date, and if Direct General fails to show, simple as for a DEFAULT JUDGEMENT.YOU WIN.