Direct Buy Of Rocklin CA / poor ordering communicatin

1 Rocklin, CA, United States Review updated:

I was very excited to use the new direct buy. I had communicated on several occasions with Cheyenne about my various orders, and she seemed to very helpful, until I ordered a big ticket item, a custom leather sectional sofa. I had e-mailed the manufacturer to request if they made a particular sofa model I liked as a "sectional sofa". The manufacturer wrote back stating"yes". So, I requested Cheyennne to find out the price of the model of the sofa as a sectional sofa. Cheyenne on many occasions directly contacted the various manufacturers for pricing info. I had faxed Cheyenne my requests on two seperate occasions, and she telephoned me with the price, and I immediately sent her off a check. Now, 1-2 days later, Cheyenne phones me that she now needs a new order refaxed to her. Well, low and behold, I do not know the exact name etc of the sofa I have requested her to check on, so I fax her down the model name that I know of the sofa. So, of coarse, unknown to me, the wrong sofa was ordered, a, single sofa????? After, a huge a battle with Amy, the manager, I of coarse, am at fault, as the final order that I sent is ALL that they have, so I screwed up???? Dahhhhhh?? I have copies of all my comunications, and the best they can do is split the cost with me, No, this is not acceptable, as I cannot afford to split it with them, and then attempt to repurchase a leather sofa. Now, mind you, when I attempted to order a mattress and thought that I only needed one mattress, the sales people, who guided me, said "Gina, you need to actually order two of these mattresses to get what you want". OK, so why wasn't the same guidance given to me again. Is that not their job.???? I, too, work with the public on a daily basis, and would never expect a family member to understand nursing home lingo, or medical terminology. IN return, I do not understand retail/ordering business. At what point does this company acceot responsibility?????

Sincerely,
Gina Ruhl

Comments

• Su
      14th of Sep, 2011

I also am a member of Direct Buy and after my last order I decided I do not want to keep paying the yearly fee to be treated htis poorly. I have been dealing with and order that started last year March until this day, my order has not been completed. Communication is HORRIBLE! They never call back!! I have called and left messages with different people, warehouse, manager, sales and noone is proactive here! I was not doing so bad when I was a member of the Seattle office but after mmoving to Sacramento I had to deal with the Rocklin office. This place is ridiculous! Absolutely NO SENSE of responsability. Very dissapointing. And honestly the Manufacturer's Price they advertise is not any better as if you buy it at a retailer during a sale. They add 8% of service fee, tax and shipping fee. After adding all this prices are some times even higher than a retailer. So think twice before becoming a member. By the way they membership is insanely pricey too. $3999 back in 2005.!!

• Su
      21st of Feb, 2012

I agree with everything you have complained about. I too have used Direct Buy several times and for the most part have been satisfied however customer service is non existent. They are only there to place orders and nothing else. You have to be very careful about ordering and do a lot of home work. It is time consuming and sometimes considering the fact that you can not send it back and get a refund if the order is not right or you are not happy with it and still have to pay for shipping and handling fees it is better to go and get it from the store and pay a little more. They have a wide selection of merchandise and if you are willing to spend hours scouring catalogs and then waiting weeks for your order then this is the place for you. If all you want to do is walk into the store see something you like and buy it and have it the next day, don't join. Many times most items can be purchased on line with not shipping charges and no tax and free returns cheaper than Direct Buy.
    Susan

• Do
      21st of Oct, 2013

We placed an order for are shutters which happened to be the last two of our 10 ordered and of course they are wrong and now DirectBuy Sacramento that was in Rocklin unexpectedly closed there doors with no known prior notification to the local members. Now the headache begins. Been trying for a month to get the correct shutters swapped out but now we are working with Direct Buy out of Texas but have not heard back from Stephanie the manager supposedly in charge of helping those of us out of the Rocklin store. Starting month number two of trying.

• Be
      14th of Apr, 2018

I've had the same experience as above. I waited six months to get a was and dryer. It feels like once they get your membership they could care less about you. Anything you buy takes forever to get and to get any kind of service is like pulling hens teeth.