Digital River/trend Micro / Unauthorized Credit Card Charge

My credit card statement received today shows an unathorized charge for $34.95 from DRI Trend.

I called the number 952.253.1234 for DRI and had a "live" person remove me from the "automated" renewal list. He said they would put through a Debit to my credit card account for the $34.95 today and later I received an email telling me that my account with Micro Trend was cancelled.

Keep in mind THAT I NEVER ORDERED A RENEWAL. They simply did that on their own initiative knowing that a certain number of customers will not notice the unauthorized charge and another percentage will just accept it, even though they have never ordered it. A SCAM!

Wi

Comments

• Ia
      29th of Mar, 2010

Same thing happened to me, I informed my fraud department of my credit card to immediatley stop and reverse the transaction due to the unauthorized charge. If this keeps up Trend Micro will loose a loyal customer! I have enjoyed their software program for several years and have never had this issue. I will be on the phone with them shortley...

• Em
      30th of Sep, 2011

Where can I buy trend micro aside from digital river? One that is safe financially.