Digital River Gmbh / Renew Avant! fee

60695-0001Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: n/a
This conappeared on my desktop mysteriously about a year ago, suspect it may have been installed by superGeeks which was rrepairing my computer at the time. each time i used computer thereafter a pop-up would advise me that Avant! had updated my virus control. A week or so ago they put up a green alert that I had a fee to pay them to renew and asked for myu credit card #. I said I'd pay by check if they would provide their mailing addressd. did not receive. Terminated the service. Frankly, I don't know what they did or how they got on my system for sure, but am now suspicious and reluctant to release card #. Googled them, got this link, saw complaints, and am curious to know if they are a scam r did provide a service. I never have paid thm from the start because I didn't know anything about them. Are they legit?
Please respond to
Patrick davis
davisp004@hawaii.rr.com.
P.Davis

Comments

It
  12th of Jan, 2010
This virus protection was attached to one of my USB Flash Drives. I'm not too sure if they are legit or not because the company that sends the product is called Digital River GnbH located in Germany with an office in Chicago, IL. I've used it on my flash as well as my computer. They are now telling me that my scanner is about to expire. Now I'm not too sure if I would want to keep them or go with McAfee. Follow your gut.
Fi
  6th of Feb, 2010
i have paid by paypal on the 29 dec 2009 why do i need to renew
In
  9th of May, 2013

Digital River GmbH - software scam
Digital River
Illinois

Digital River advertises a maintenance software download for $19.95. Of course, it doesn't download and finally times out. pay pal will not refund my money even though i have nothing for my $19.95
Ni
  23rd of Jan, 2015
Hallo, mein Name ist Niko Awramow aus Nürnberg/Germany. von meinem Paypal Konto wurde v. Digital River GmbH am
26.12.2014 die Summe 29, 95 € ohne mein Einverständnis abgezogen.Dabei habe ich keine Produkte v. Dr.Pot GmbH bestellt und ich habe auch keine erhalten. Mein Paypal Konto ist zur Zeit in minus 29, 95 € verursacht durch diese unerlaubte Abzocke und ich kann keine weitere Transaktionen über PayPal deshalb ausführen. Zur Zeit erhalte ich ständig E-Mails v. PayPal dass ich diese Summe v. 29, 95 € nachzahlen muss. Ich weis nicht um welches Produkt v. Dr.Pot GmbH es sich hier handelt . Die Digital River GmbH hat diese Summe bald wie möglich auf meinem PayPal Account zu ausgleichen.
Niko Awramow