DHL / incompetence

1 OR, United States Review updated:

It's no secret that DHL has one of if not the worst track record of shipping services. I made the mistake of using thier company for shipping from an online site that offered free next day shipping with DHL. Figuring I could save a few bucks and still have days to wrap it for X-mas gifts I did so. Suffice it to say the package did not arrive the next day. In fact a few days later it has still yet to arrive. I've watched the tracking of my packages and the interesting thing is that every day they change the expected date of arrival another day forward. Five whole pounds may in fact be the weight limit that cannot be exceeded for prompt delivery. Or I figure that "next day" for DHL implies "weeks later". For fun try complaining to DHL about a problem. I have yet to get any responses. Reckon I'm not nearly important enough for them to care.

Yes I have learned from this. I will NEVER use DHL again and I would rather pay significantly more with other companies to insure that I actually get my merchandise. I reccomend Fed-EX, UPS, USPS, carrier pigeon, tying package to rock and throwing in general direction of destination, or using sheer psychic willpower as more reliable methods of delivery.

- Tralfaz

Tr

Comments

6th of Feb, 2009

DHL CRAP. Don't deliver in all areas cause they scared to be attacked (all other couriers delivery without any problems and on time). You pay the postage and cant get the service expected. When you go to top pick the the parcel in the depot cause they refuse to deliver it to you (after traveling 30 minutes and spend money to get there) they say its been returned to the sender or the system crashed and they wont give u the parcel and they dont even say sorry. Try to call the local office...you will be lucky if someone will reply after waiting 5 minutes. Thats one company that deserve to go bankrupt Totally useless and, incompetent and rude. Avoid at all cost and your life will be easier
    I regularly receive parcels as I have my personal business so I experienced all this my self.