[Resolved] DHGate.com / do not use dhgate - did not receive my refund!!!

China, GB

Long story short: I ordered a dress, received it, it had a stain on it. I messaged the seller and after back and forth they agreed to refund the item.

I sent it to the address provided, which turned out to be incorrect (even though it was in the original package as the "from" address), so the package came back to me and meanwhile DHgate closed the whole order, even though I send it back to the seller right away!
I can see in the post office tracking system that the seller has received the item, however I haven't heard from them since and haven't received my money back either. They are clearly hiding from me as any reliable person would refund in any case.

Dhgate is no longer replying to my emails and I am absolutely furious how this can happen, and how they can't help the customer by blocking the seller until they have refunded, or something? The bottom line is that the item WAS DAMAGED in the first place and now I'm left with no dress, nor my money!!
I sincerely hope everyone will try to avoid this "service" as best as they can because I feel, and actually I am, ROBBED.

• Resolution statement

• Updated by Tirkku, Nov 15, 2017

Just to mention, the very unreliable seller on Dhgate is Songjia668. Avoid!

• DHGate.com Customer Care's Response, Nov 20, 2017

Hi Tirkku,

The shipping address you used for the returned item is incorrect since the seller provided the complete shipping address where the dress needs to be sent to in the dispute page. We checked here and this was the reason why the dispute is closed.

For this issue, we suggest that you contact the seller and reach an agreement for a resolution on this issue. If you want to get a refund, please ask the seller to send you a message stating "I agree to give you a refund for the amount of $**". Once the seller sends you this message, please contact us back so that we can operate it for you.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in chatting with us by clicking on ‘Online Chat’ from our Customer Service page: www.dhgate.com/contact/contactUs.do

Sincerely,