Complaints & Reviews

terrible

I purchased two suits from DHgate website. When I received my items and decided to try them on, I realized the size was incorrect. Suits were way too small. I decided to return the suits so I contacted DHgate customer service, and I must say that they make the entire return process too complicated and frustrating. They asked me to send photos and measurements. The language barrier made these exchanges even more challenging. They refused to give me a refund, and said that there was nothing wrong with my order. Completely ridiculous! I have no idea what to do now and I'm very disappointed. I'll never buy anything from them again!

dhgate constantly avoid to follow its own rules on dispatch pledge guarantee

The Dispatch Pledge Guarantee of DHGate claims that "If the seller doesn't provide a valid tracking number within the agreed processing time, the system will automatically release payment to the buyer and also deduct US $20 from the seller's account to compensate the buyer when the processing time has expired.", also "After your payment is confirmed, if the seller doesn't complete dispatch of your order within the processing time and this leads to your order being cancelled, you'll be compensated with US $20-30 on top of your refund.". The problem is that 80% of sellers do not comply to agreed processing time and to be ok with Dispatch Pledge, they send an INVALID Tracking Number. When you open a Dispute, sellers do send a VALID Tracking Number, but the catch is that the second Tracking Number clearly shows, that item was sent way outside of agreed processing time, which is a clear case of violation of Dispatch Pledge Guarantee (a VALID Tracking Number is NOT provided in agreed processing time). When you'll wright to DHGate Customer Support about this issue, they will assure you that you are absolutely right about your claim and that they'll make a report for you to get your compensation of $20. In 90% you will NOT get your compensation even after 3 months. On the other hand, if you'll wright a pm to Customer Support and provide ALL the PrintScreens of the order, messages and tracking info, after 2-3 messages they'll not answer at all or will block your messages to them. The following are the orders, that have a violated agreed processing time by sellers and with no compensation of $20 to the buyer, as should according to DHGate rules: [protected], 3255814, [protected] (Invalid Tracking Number - should be compensated with $30), [protected], [protected], [protected].

9th Feb 2016 - 5 days passed, still no answer.

Today at DHGate's LiveChat, the operator claimed that Tracking Numbers could not be tracked(!), but they are valid even if no info can be seen at tracking sites. This was for an order [protected] which was paid on 17th Nov 2015. I would cry, if I wouldn't laughing on this answer! :D

DHGate became a fraud/### online trader, who does not follows it's own rules and treating it's customers with disrespect.

save your money

This online shopping website is truly a scam. I purchased things from DHgate more than five times and always received fake or damaged items. This website is covering fake sellers in China. My last experience was a real nightmare. I made and order and paid for it. After paying I received a message from the seller who said he won't be able to get my order ready on time because of a national holiday in China. My item was never delivered so I demanded a refund. I heard nothing from the seller so I called the DHgate customer service and their representative said that I should coopered with the seller. Completely ridiculous! I've contacted customer care because the seller was a thieve and they say that we need to cooperate! Stay away from dhgate.com!

iphone 6s clone

Hi All, I have order iphone 6s clone on dhgate (PO: [protected]) and my hell of experience started there. 1...

this site is nothing but a scam

DHgate is a Chinese website and it is full of fake and damaged products. Sellers may sell what they want and list whatever quantity they want. It seems like Dhgate owners just does not care about what is happening on their website. I can receive a totally different product and you'll never get your money back. Their customer service is completely ridiculous, they are very slow and provide absolutely no help. DHgate doesn't care about any of their customers. Save your precious money and time. Don't order anything, because all they need is your money. I ordered some items four months ago and received nothings yet. I sent them tons of messages, called million times but there was no response. Avoid this company!

Resolved seller will not refund after receiving items

I return the order to the seller but seller will not refund me after 2 months and now will not replying to my...

scam!

I purchased a screen for my son from DHgate. Few weeks later we received the screen, but unfortunately it wa...

Beijing Online Shopping

order no. [protected] not received even after 5 months

i have ordered a watch through DHgate.com but even after 5 months of ordering the same has not been delivered...

fraud site

I bought a laptop back in December and they promised me a two week delivery. I received a confirmation email and a trucking number. Two weeks later I did not receive anything, so I contacted DHgate customer service. The rep told that they sent me the wrong tracking number and promised a new one. I actually received it the next day and decided to be more patient. One week later I called again and was told the same thing. Later I received the third tracking number, but when I decided to compare them, I realized they all were the same numbers! It's January 18th and I still don't have my refund. After weeks of frustrating emails, they returned me 50 cents. Horrible company!

horrible

At first I want to say that I really hate this company. I bought a laptop on November 25. They promised to...

Beijing Online Shopping

I purchased a bitcoin miner, brand new

Decenber 24th 2016 I purchased a Miner and paid for DHL shipping as directed by the site. The item was allegedly shipped 4 days later, they gave me a false, or non verifiable tracking number. I should have gotten the item by the first week of the new year, but then I was told by the company in a chat that I had to wait until more like the end of January. I contacted the seller who did not bother to respond, the site stated that the seller had turned off its chat communication messenger. I went to the facdeBook page of the company, they asked me to give them the information I took the time again, then, nothing happened, no delivery, no refund, no communication I kid you not. Here is a link to my blog with more information http://mariokenny.me/2016/01/04/dhgate/ The truth is I do not know what to do. DHgate not a safe place to buy Posted on January 4, 2016 by Here and Now Rate This I allege the following; Screenshot from [protected]:20:22.png I purchased an item from DHgate and chose DHL as the shipper. The item was not delivered as agreed. I contacted the company, they have closed off the refund button. I do not know how to do this. I did a google and found this link, where the company ships empty packages, here is the link, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1120883.0 Seems like I lost my money, why would I or anyone want to buy any item from this company when they seem to be running a business that does not assure that clients get the goods they pay for? I do not wish to hurt anyone it is not my way, but I may have lost my money. The supplier have turned off the chat so I cannot communicate with them sound ridicules right? it is Newbie * Activity: 28 View Profile Ignore China scammer (miner seller) on DHGATE !!! Guorui Zhang July 13, 2015, 06:24:02 PM #1 Attention ! A fraudster trying Antminer miners to sell via the DHgate. Example : http://www.dhgate.com/product/antminer-btc-miner-ants-latest-s5-1150gh/216090298.html#myaccount_orderdetail-1-null The scammer username : wind966, wind977, wind999 Real name and address : Guorui Zhang No. 699 Jinbei Road Dongli District Tianjin City Zip : 300300 His method : Bitcoin miners advertise on DHgate, and instead sends this (empty envelope): http://kepfeltoltes.hu/150713/2015-07-13_10.19.02_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg http://kepfeltoltes.hu/150713/2015-07-13_10.13.23_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg No one should buy it! DHGate should be sued by someone in a class action for misleading its clients, it seems to have a history of doing this, the company seems to doing this on a regular basis by error or with intent. I was able to save some of the chat with the company. My concern was that the company has a failed policy with its sellers, that they do not pay the seller to ship the goods I do not know how this works on the China end. I contended that they were hurting the seller who most likely is a small business, ruled by a very large company, but it is the buyers who get to pay the mistake I do not know any this for sure all I can do is allege my thoughts. Below is some of the chat. I found that the seller have shipped empty packages to its clients according to the Bitcoin chat room link I found. Sil Continue Chat [protected]:56:09 did you give the sellor all of the shipping money I paid? [protected]:56:17 We are still holding your payment right now. It won't be released to the seller until you have received the order or satisfied with it. You can ask for a refund or replacement if you have a problem with the item. [protected]:56:25 DHgate still have the money. [protected]:56:33 That is part of our buyer protection. [protected]:57:07 so this sellor is hungry while he has to ship, pay and send his goods [protected]:57:24 how can this work? [protected]:58:53 Work what> [protected]:00:41 I do not mean to rush you but I just want to make sure, are you still there? [protected]:01:45 I’m not getting any response, it seems we lost connection with you. If you need any more help, please feel free to contact us back. Thank you for contacting DHgate Customer Center. [protected]:02:56 k [protected]:02:57 Welcome to DHgate. We would like to invite you to visit our new affiliated website called DHport where we offer great discounts. Please click http://www.dhport.com/brand/104/cell-phones.html?f=DHport|Telesales|cebu to see the wide range of items that we offer. Hi! My name is Sil from DHgate Customer Service. Can I have your name and order number please? [protected]:03:30 Do you have other questions or concerns right now? [protected]:03:37 it is not the sellor to blame its DHgate [protected]:03:55 you gave them no money to ship or to pay their goods [protected]:04:06 your are killing these small shops [protected]:04:21 your p;olicy faiked by your own doing [protected]:04:46 you needed to plan this in a manner [protected]:04:53 which suits everyone [protected]:05:06 I completely understand your side on this issue, this is what we are going to find out why your seller shipped this order using Hongkongpost. [protected]:05:27 We are not tolerating this kind of behavior. Thank you for raising this concern to us. [protected]:05:29 he has no money to ship my order [protected]:05:56 DHgate will become rich on the backs of poor working people [protected]:06:44 you blame all this on a sellor who you did not pay [protected]:06:51 I do not have the answers [protected]:07:31 We understand your side on this issue however your seller will not receive your payment unless if you will confirm the delivery of your goods. [protected]:07:35 This is for your protection. [protected]:07:36 I do not wish to make anyone unhappy [protected]:07:48 It is your seller who is the shipper and supplier of the items here on our website. [protected]:08:08 This is why we are having our Seller Team get in touch with your seller to find out why this order was shipped using a different carrier. [protected]:08:32 I am a publisher, you may turn the language [protected]:08:52 but I paid you, the contact is with you and me [protected]:09:29 if you hurt this sellor I will publish your wrong doing [protected]:10:05 We would respect your decision, however we are subject to give punishments to sellers who are violating our policy. Yes you paid us and this is why we are doing this to protect you. [protected]:10:13 I simp[ly want my order no problem [protected]:10:20 We are the platform and your seller is subject to commit to our terms and policies. [protected]:10:42 Yes and we will help you on that this is why we are doing this investigation to check if your order was really shipped or not. [protected]:11:05 how can a person ship a 20 pound item for $65.00 on DHL? [protected]:11:15 please [protected]:11:33 I will come to CVhina myself to buy my goods [protected]:12:22 please fix your policy to make it successful for everyone [protected]:12:38 For the shipping costs, the amounts listed are mandated by the carrier. We cannot control this since the seller will have to pay it to the carrier selected as well and since they did not use the carrier that you used, we are going to get in touch with them why they did not honor this. [protected]:12:44 if you do the right thing you will do so well [protected]:13:09 We respect your point. [protected]:13:15 Do you have other questions right now? [protected]:13:29 no bnye] [protected]:13:36 Alright bye too and take care., [protected]:13:38 If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

seller

I purchase a smartphone samsung s5 clone from this seller excellent_sale on dhgate.com the phone has 1 year...

invalid tracking code/not deliverd

dear sir i was given online order of walkera qr y100 wifi fpv hexacopter. after that i was waiting for my...

never receive a product

On 2014-01-17 I bought some clothes from DHGate, with the value of US$10.50 (Order [protected])

The case is I never received the product, the seller, "emilyfang", just put an invalid tracking number, and DHGate closed the order as completed.

Every time I talk to the seller, it talks it will send, it has some problems, every time the same reply.

And DHGate has a policy of cheating and stealing, because they said due to a policy they can't do nothing, so I just lost my money.

Poor DHGate, you will not last...

service and refund

Too many sellers take the order, then post the item as "out of stock". Dhgate takes your money, you have to...

a dishonest organization

It is surprising to me that a seemingly large online organization could be dishonest through and through but this is the case with DHGate. There is illegal (by American standards) manipulation of ratings, forum postings, and i'm sure any other data that suits them for the purpose of tricking the customer and allowing fraud artists to continue luring innocent customers. The chat, online help and customer support all use tactics of delay to technically outdate a claim or dissuade angry customers who eventually simply give up. If it is possible there should be as many formal legal complaints as possible to push to make it illegal for DHGate to transact in America and Europe where there are consumer protection rules that i am sure make lying and theft illegal.
The head office appears to be in Bejing and i am going to start to find out about legal protection for consumers and to see if there is any legal recourse against them.
I would encourage all people with a complaint to properly document and preserve everything and perhaps it can used to collectively to persuade the authorities in China to have a closer look at this fraudster. I'll try to post new information if it becomes available.
They also have left cookies that have been flagged as malicious by my antivirus software "gen:variant.symmi.1353". I don't know but that doesn't seem to kosher either...

damaged item returned but never replaced

i purchased a cell. it was defective. i returned it. have all the documentation to prove it. submitted this documentation to dhgate when they said i never returned it.
they said they would investigate. after 1 1/2 YEARS, they said that they could do nothing for me, despite my documentation.
the seller of course, is nowhere to be found.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. THEY ARE DISHONEST. THEY HAVE NO HONOR. THEY HAVE NO AFTER SALES SUPPORT.

non delivery of products

ordered products from dhgate october 2012. delivery time after payment states 30 days. it is now 15 march. up to date received one of the products. second product broken and still waiting for 3 product. after sales says they will partially refund but not the full amount. so i just gave dhgate 200 us dollars for nothing.

non delivery of products

defective merchandise

I purchased a laser hair removal and tattoo removal machine from dhgate.com. I was directed to "message seller" for information about the machine. When I talked to the seller we arranged the sale and the machine was shipped to me. I was under the belief that I was dealing with dhgate.com but it turns out I was dealing now directly with the seller and not told that I was not going through dhgate.com which is the company I usually use. This machine cost over $1000.00 and does not work.
I have not even used it one time. When I went to use it the first time, it did not work. Now, dhgate.com will not take responsibility for the machine and ygrace.com will not respond to my emails requesting a new machine or refund. They have a warranty policy but it does not seem to matter.

The product I ordered was imitation. I have been trying to get a refund for almost 3 months now and am still waiting. I will never order from DHgate again. The Customer Service Center tells you they will help you and that your money is safe but all they do is refer you to the seller. The worst customer service I have ever experienced. I should have known that the price was too good to be true when I made the purchase...I sure learned a lesson."

• So
    Sonia Ionut Aug 15, 2013

Hello,
    I ordered these watches 2 months ago and I have never received them. I would like to receive my money back as long as I don't think that I will receive them anymore. I liked a lot those watches but as long as I didn't receive them I would like just to have my money back.
    Sonia IONUT.

• So
    Sonia Ionut Aug 15, 2013

I'm not pleased to order a tinhg and not to receive it in 2 months' time.

• Mo
    mohsin mirza Feb 13, 2014

dhgate is a fake site ...ALL they do is take money from you and never dispatch the product..
    dhgate is cheap criminal.
    DONT TRUST THIS SITE ANY MORE