Despegar.com

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 by

flight change

Hello, I purchased a return flight New York - Rome. The airline changed the departure flight and I was offered a different flight for the return as well. The return flight didn't work for me because it was in the morning and I couldn't reach the airport in the morning. So I called Despegar and told them that I was willing to fly the day after at any time, as long as it was after noon. They sent me an alternative that leaves at 6.25 am, has two transfers and takes 20 hours to get me to NY!!! I called and they told me that I had to accept it or my seat on the departure flight wouldn't be guaranteed. They advised that I would secure my departure flight, arguing that I could always change the return later on. When I called to change the return, however, I was told that, because I accepted the alternative they sent me, there was nothing I could do. I am super mad!!! Getting to the airport that early means spending the night in Rome and paying for a hotel room and a cab to get to the airport (there is no public transportation in the early morning). Beside costing me money, this trip is also a big inconvenience for me, because I am in bad health and having to transfer and having long lay-off hours at the airport is going to be really painful for me. I wasn't even offered a refund! I am really disappointed with this company I have been travelling with for years, recommending it to many friends. I will make sure none of my friends uses it anymore! Booking no. 8551693501
Complaint comments Comments (1) Complaint country United States Complaint category Airlines

Comments

N  19th of Jun, 2017 by    0 Votes
Flight changes occur for every reason under the sun. Weather, low booking, mechanical failures, emergencies involving passengers. When an airline cancels a flight, you take the next available offer or you go on stand by. Your ticket explains this.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree